Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 09:44 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times

Advertisements

I’m not gonna say too much because I already say a lot … but there’s NO FRIGGIN WAY that Greensboro of all cities should be on this list.

This is getting comedic at this point… what is going to be done to help such a sizable chunk of the city’s population to stay housed?!! Smh

https://triad-city-beat.com/rent-for...r-report-says/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 09:34 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Trolls gotta troll...

Old 11-20-2022, 08:18 AM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Trolls gotta troll...
This is your contribution? The linked report by Rent in City Beat doesn't mention Greensboro, but does list Raleigh/Cary as the 2nd largest rental increase as a metro. The Greensboro claim strikes me as preposterous, but feel free to supply substantiation and I'll stand corrected.

Last edited by TunedIn; 11-20-2022 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 11:55 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
This is your contribution? The linked report by Rent in City Beat doesn't mention Greensboro, but does list Raleigh/Cary as the 2nd largest rental increase as a metro. The Greensboro claim strikes me as preposterous, but feel free to supply substantiation and I'll stand corrected.
Your post should be directed at the OP who, in his weird zeal to try to attempt to slam the Triad, obviously didn't even bother to actually read the report, lol. I guess thats what one get when one relies on Triad City Beat as a source of real information. smh

Old 11-20-2022, 01:54 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
Downtown Greensboro rent has surged high though. At CityView Apartments the cheapest apartments are the 600 square feet one bedroom studios and they are now starting at $1,200 a month. When the complex first opened in December of 2007, those same units started out at $699 a month. Some residents have been forced to move out. I know of several residents who were paying $900 a month got a shock when their lease bumped up to $1,300 when they saw their lease renewal. That's just wrong. I can only imagine what the newer apartment complexes downtown are up to. As far as downtown goes, I would caution developers pricing their rent too high. Greensboro is not Charlotte or Raleigh and if they are not careful they are going to end up with new apartment complexes with empty apartments and the only people living in them will be elderly emptynesters with a little money and not younger adults.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 11-20-2022 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-21-2022, 09:59 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
…Greensboro is not Charlotte or Raleigh and if they are not careful they are going to end up with new apartment complexes with empty apartments and the only people living in them will be elderly emptynesters with a little money and not younger adults.
Exact same thing is was thinking. This trend of rising rents literally makes no sense for city like Greensboro.

Old 11-21-2022, 11:38 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Exact same thing is was thinking. This trend of rising rents literally makes no sense for city like Greensboro.
Maybe it does.

I'm not sure the price of rent before considering the proximity to two bigger metros (Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham) wasn't on the low side. Add in more working from home and you potentially add some demand from those who might not be willing to commute 60-90 minutes each way daily... but are happier to do it on a monthly or maybe weekly basis.

My suspicion is that there will be some pull back, but I think a lot of this is market correction that may habe been undervalued previously. It also may also end up helping to justify more residential building in downtowns (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and even High Point) if you want to find a little silver lining.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:34 PM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
I always have said downtown Greensboro doesn't warrent enough downtown to justify the high rent price in that area. U can definitely find apts just as nice on new garden, battleground that are 300 bucks cheaper and have just a 15 minute drive to enjoy the down town sites and what amenities downtown has to offer at the moment. Until downtown grows more or starts having restaurants that stays open later it needs to adjust it's price points.

Old 11-22-2022, 02:08 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
I always have said downtown Greensboro doesn't warrent enough downtown to justify the high rent price in that area. U can definitely find apts just as nice on new garden, battleground that are 300 bucks cheaper and have just a 15 minute drive to enjoy the down town sites and what amenities downtown has to offer at the moment. Until downtown grows more or starts having restaurants that stays open later it needs to adjust it's price points.
Maybe for you, but others may feel differently. Carroll's SOB development will be a huge test IMO. If it fills quickly, I could see there being considerable new development following. Especially as downtown continues to add restaurants, breweries, and other amenities.

Old 11-23-2022, 06:37 AM

385 posts, read 288,510 times
I agree other amenities is the key word . And adding more breweries isn't gonna add value to downtown. We got enough breweries.. what we need downtown is a grocery store . A basic normal grocery store, not another organic deep roots type one. And we need some more restaurants that has med price points. I really hate Pier didn't survive as it was a good fish place to have downtown.. at this time there isn't a fish place downtown is there? It's good Starbucks finally arrived. Glad to see that Hardee's building get some use! I really wish downtown could carve out a spot that's like Walker Ave.. and have their version of lindley park filling station, fish bones and sticks and stones. All will patio dining thats not facing the street. I'm still anti cafe Europa do to about 3 bad dinning experiences in a row... I think that place lives more off it's location then it does actual quality. Shame too cause they have an amazing patio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point