Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 09:18 PM

379 posts, read 206,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Yet, he still won FL by the largest margin I've seen in my lifetime. Disney is a woke corporation who screwed around with the wrong guy and found out they weren't nearly as untouchable as they'd been led to believe. Love it. Fact is, Disney isn't leaving FL and everyone knows it. They lost that leverage long, long ago.
DeSantis is already getting abused by trumpy, and he is not ready for prime time. He waited too long to make his move, and it is too late for him. Maybe when his current term expires he can get a job at Disney World.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 07:00 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,429,984 times
DeFascist is such a vile creature. Decent people everywhere must rise to oppose that Barney Rubble Mussolini.

Last edited by Tarheelhombre; 05-01-2023 at 07:16 AM..

Old 05-01-2023, 07:11 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,465,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
DeSantis is already getting abused by trumpy, and he is not ready for prime time. He waited too long to make his move, and it is too late for him. Maybe when his current term expires he can get a job at Disney World.

Literally any Republican that runs against Trump will get abused in the upcoming election, regardless of their last name. If DeSantis was not running against Trump he'd easily be in the lead.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:32 AM

851 posts, read 418,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
DeFascist is such a vile creature. Decent people everywhere must rise to oppose that Barney Rubble Mussolini.
You're whining about Mr. DeSantis? Twice elected to the governorship of our third most populous state with the 4th largest economy. From North Carolina. Did I miss anything?

Old 05-01-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
He's a retired naval officer and lawyer. Yale, Harvard, Naval Justice School and JAG. I think he'll do OK in the private sector. I'm driving a school bus in retirement to make ends meet on a civil service pension. Is Disney hiring?

Old 05-01-2023, 08:48 AM

4,607 posts, read 6,429,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
You're whining about Mr. DeSantis? Twice elected to the governorship of our third most populous state with the 4th largest economy. From North Carolina. Did I miss anything?
Yes, I am objecting to a politician whose rhetoric, actions, and values are utterly repulsive to me. The fact he was elected twice and his state is the third most populous is irrelevant to my objections to him. Do you also dislike free speech and political opposition?

Old 05-01-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
This is not simply political opposition. It's free speech though. You just haven't done a very good job of circulating the memo.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:29 AM

511 posts, read 511,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Yet, he still won FL by the largest margin I've seen in my lifetime. Disney is a woke corporation who screwed around with the wrong guy and found out they weren't nearly as untouchable as they'd been led to believe. Love it. Fact is, Disney isn't leaving FL and everyone knows it. They lost that leverage long, long ago.
Now THIS is a post worthy of a LOOOOOWWWWWLLLL.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Now THIS is a post worthy of a LOOOOOWWWWWLLLL.
He's a twice elected governor and Disney really isn't going anywhere. This somehow amuses you?

Old 05-01-2023, 11:18 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,003 times
Thought I seen it all, but that title takes the cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point