Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 11:20 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times

Advertisements

Looks like Buc-ee's just announced plans for a location near Harrisonburg, VA.

I bring this up because this now makes three recently announced locations (I think, it might be more) in VA/NC in just the last couple months. My guess is that the Mebane location is the tip of the iceberg. Im betting we see at least one along I-95 (Fayetteville-ish and/or Rocky Mount-ish), one between the Triad and Charlotte (Kannapolis?), and another near Hickory in short order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 12:10 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post

I bring this up because this now makes three recently announced locations (I think, it might be more) in VA/NC in just the last couple months. My guess is that the Mebane location is the tip of the iceberg. Im betting we see at least one along I-95 (Fayetteville-ish and/or Rocky Mount-ish), one between the Triad and Charlotte (Kannapolis?), and another near Hickory in short order.
Seems like they build them in rural towns in close proximity to urban cities. Kannapolis or Salisbury sounds about right. But they could consider eastern NC in the Wilmington area as well.

Old 07-25-2023, 01:18 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
Quote:

I read that Buc-ee's is building 4 locations in Virginia, I figured that off of interstate 81 would be a location. The next two in Virginia will probably be off of interstates 95 and 85.

Old 07-25-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I read that Buc-ee's is building 4 locations in Virginia, I figured that off of interstate 81 would be a location. The next two in Virginia will probably be off of interstates 95 and 85.
So if they're building 4 in VA, to my knowledge there's New Kent County and Harrisonburg. If there will be two more, my guess is that there will be one between Ashland and Fredericksburg while the other I could see being near Christiansburg or so (which would be nice since I head up to the Blacksburg area a few times a year).

Have you read anything about the number of expected locations in NC?

Old 07-26-2023, 07:19 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:

Statesville. I-77 and I-40.

The Florence location is at the exit off I-95 that goes to Myrtle Beach. They are looking to take advantage of two thoroughfare's, not just one. Mebane fits the bill because it has both I-40 and I-85 merging at that location.

So a I-95 Buc'ees would maybe be at the I-40/I-95 near Benson (to Wilmington) or I-587 (to Greenville) near Wilson or I-87 (to the Outer Banks) near Rocky Mount.

The would be 3 ideal locations in NC.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Statesville. I-77 and I-40.

The Florence location is at the exit off I-95 that goes to Myrtle Beach. They are looking to take advantage of two thoroughfare's, not just one. Mebane fits the bill because it has both I-40 and I-85 merging at that location.

So a I-95 Buc'ees would maybe be at the I-40/I-95 near Benson (to Wilmington) or I-587 (to Greenville) near Wilson or I-87 (to the Outer Banks) near Rocky Mount.

The would be 3 ideal locations in NC.
Yeah, after I made my post I thought about Statesville rather than Hickory and agree... that would be even better.

We'll see what they do.

Old 07-26-2023, 09:07 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
Quote:
So if they're building 4 in VA, to my knowledge there's New Kent County and Harrisonburg. If there will be two more, my guess is that there will be one between Ashland and Fredericksburg while the other I could see being near Christiansburg or so (which would be nice since I head up to the Blacksburg area a few times a year).

Have you read anything about the number of expected locations in NC?
Interesting, so I-81 will have two Buc-ee's if you're right. I think you're right about the I-95 potential location, but I can also see them putting a store farther south on I-95 closer to the NC border if they don't put one on I-85.

Sorry, I haven't seen anything else about other NC location, but Buc-ee's has to be eyeing other locations; a store between Greensboro and Charlotte will be really nice.

Old 07-26-2023, 02:56 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Interesting, so I-81 will have two Buc-ee's if you're right. I think you're right about the I-95 potential location, but I can also see them putting a store farther south on I-95 closer to the NC border if they don't put one on I-85.

Sorry, I haven't seen anything else about other NC location, but Buc-ee's has to be eyeing other locations; a store between Greensboro and Charlotte will be really nice.
The Buc'ees location in Florence is only 25 miles into South Carolina from the State line. So the first 50 miles or so in NC would be a non starter in their case. I left out the I-42 location in Johnston County, that could be a place as well, giving them 4 options along about a 75 mile stretch in NC to choose from.

Old 11-30-2023, 04:57 AM

120 posts, read 158,594 times
WFMY mentioned this morning that Buc-ee's has officially bought the land in Mebane: https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...d-e71204f181a7

MEBANE, N.C. — A real estate company associated with Buc-ee's bought land in Mebane.

Over the summer our sister station in Arkansas said CSMS Management, LLC was tied to the company, and when they called the company, a Buc-ee's employee answered.

So let's tie it together...

WFMY News 2 obtained documents that show this same company bought the property off of I-40/85 and Trollingwood-Hawfields Road — in the same area, the city of Mebane is considering rezoning for Buc-ee's.

City leaders are set to take another look at the proposal on Dec. 11.

If they recommend the plan, the city council will hold public hearings about the proposal in January.

If approved after that, it will be the first Buc-ee's in North Carolina.

The mega-convenience stores are known for their many gas pumps, merchandise, and food like beef jerky and fudge.

Old 12-11-2023, 09:24 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times
The Burlington Planning Board said no to rezoning. Next stop, the City Council in January 8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point