Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 08:13 AM

6,166 posts, read 7,249,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I am struggling with the concept that Alamance County belongs to the Triad.

It sits directly next to Orange County, one of the most expensive to live in in NC. Alamance County is much more affordable than Orange County and has Interstate access, as well as back road access to the Triangle...right next door.

We all know the impact that has been seen on the Triangle economics outside of Wake, Durham and Orange Counties...in places like Johnston County, Franklin County, and Chatham County...why would you not think Alamance would see similar growth, especially with Interstate access?
Alamance also sits next to Guilford County where one of the Triad primary cities are located. There is one county between Alamance County and Durham which is the closest Triangle primary city to Alamance. Greensboro is just more interconnected with Burlington and culturally Alamance County is also a Triad County. Greensboro and Burlington are so close they have annexation agreements. Now whether or not the Triangle or Triad has more of an economic impact in Alamance County remains to be seen because currently its mostly rural and doesn't have the suburban feel of the Triangle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2023, 09:01 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,914,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Alamance also sits next to Guilford County where one of the Triad primary cities are located. There is one county between Alamance County and Durham which is the closest Triangle primary city to Alamance. Greensboro is just more interconnected with Burlington and culturally Alamance County is also a Triad County. Greensboro and Burlington are so close they have annexation agreements. Now whether or not the Triangle or Triad has more of an economic impact in Alamance County remains to be seen because currently its mostly rural and doesn't have the suburban feel of the Triangle.
Well said, gso…

It has been a long running debate about whether Alamance is Triad or Triangle but when the dust settles, I believe the majority still say it’s Triad.

also I mentioned you in another thread in the Triangle Sub. Get in there and say your piece!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...triangles.html

Old 07-12-2023, 09:03 AM

4,624 posts, read 6,465,589 times
Alamance is also part of the Triad media market.

Old 07-12-2023, 09:47 AM

6,396 posts, read 5,522,911 times
Incidentally....as of next month..

The Burlington/Alamance MLS will be merging...with the Triangle MLS

Old 07-12-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Alamance is also part of the Triad media market.
Yessir!

Old 07-12-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post

I mentioned that in the OP. I thought that move was pretty telling. TBJ gave it some ink in a somewhat recent issue, too.

Old 07-12-2023, 10:10 PM

382 posts, read 211,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post

Scratching my head over that one. Do you actually think that folks moving from out of state to Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill are going to buy a house in Swepsonville, NC? LOL

Old 07-12-2023, 10:54 PM

6,396 posts, read 5,522,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Big View Post
Scratching my head over that one. Do you actually think that folks moving from out of state to Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill are going to buy a house in Swepsonville, NC? LOL
More than you may think...

I have clients right now who will be moving from PA to work at Duke. They are mostly favoring homes that have come up in Alamance County; and not just Mebane (which has already been Durham/CH hinterland for at least a decade)

I had client who was a teacher for DPS buy a nice townhome in Burlington a few years back. Admittedly that was a hike....but compared to what her teacher-salary budget could get in Durham (next to nothing) it was worth it.

Most listings in Alamance County were already input to both Alamance and TMLS.... now those agents only have to pay for one subscription.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:40 AM

6,166 posts, read 7,249,635 times
I think as The Raleigh Durham area gets more expensive to live, some Triangle folks will bleed over into the eastern edge of the Triad which could be the beginning of a state "megapolis". Some may not like this but we could see the countryside turn to urban sprawl from Raleigh to Winston-Salem.

Old 07-13-2023, 05:21 AM

392 posts, read 297,893 times
I wouldn't mind that at all.. leave the country aeras to anything below Winston. AKA, King, Rural Hall, Pilot Mtn, Elkin.. as far as the leadership of Burlington goes. Maybe they figure this Boom will come to them whether they invest anything in the city or not
. Maybe they are waiting for just private money to come fix up their city . could be a smart move on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point