Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2023, 10:40 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times

Advertisements

Just read a article about the new apts planned to be built on Summit Ave called Adams Crossing for low income families. Im assuming that means Section 8. I know we need affordable housing but I feel like Summit Ave has a lot more potential then just being a low income aera, especially with it being so close to downtown. I just hope these apts stay nice looking and isn't something that will get run down or invite riff raft to the aera. summit needs projects that help with its curb appeal. I still wish A And T would give back to it's community and surrounding neighborhoods. They could help the Summit aera tremendously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2023, 04:19 PM

511 posts, read 510,494 times
Summit Ave is a long road and these are planned to be way out close to 840 and Bryan Park. Not that close to downtown.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:03 AM

919 posts, read 745,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Just read a article about the new apts planned to be built on Summit Ave called Adams Crossing for low income families. Im assuming that means Section 8. I know we need affordable housing but I feel like Summit Ave has a lot more potential then just being a low income aera, especially with it being so close to downtown. I just hope these apts stay nice looking and isn't something that will get run down or invite riff raft to the aera. summit needs projects that help with its curb appeal. I still wish A And T would give back to it's community and surrounding neighborhoods. They could help the Summit aera tremendously!
This is nowhere near downtown, or A&T.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:23 AM

Thx for the info, Glad it's not,! That aera where sonic and cookout is and that side of summit has alot of potential and was afraid the city was going backwards not forwards with that aera I really could invision Summit being a nice lil side pocket to the downtown aera once the down town gets fully developed one day. I know it's definitely probably not gonna happen in the next decade or so but I do think one day it would be a desirable location being so close to downtown!

Old 11-09-2023, 08:34 AM

Now I read where 80 some affordable housing units will be going up on yanceyville street off lees chapel. I'm getting nervous with all these section 8 properties popping up near my home. I guess the city has decided to make anything past Pisgah Church low income . I just hope the aera doesn't get as bad as four seasons aera with all these affordable housing units. Hopefully they aera won't become unsafe ... I just picture all the sketchyness from the section 8 apts around four seasons migrataring over to the newer apts . . I wish I had went to the zooming meeting. I'd be team Not in My back yard.. id rather have had them build regular apts that maybe didn't have all the bells and whistles as the new luxury ones . They could of been standard basic apts and charge around 700
for one bedroom. That's affordable living for Greensboro!

Old 11-09-2023, 02:48 PM

36 posts, read 32,700 times
Quote:
Now I read where 80 some affordable housing units will be going up on yanceyville street off lees chapel. I'm getting nervous with all these section 8 properties popping up near my home. I guess the city has decided to make anything past Pisgah Church low income . I just hope the aera doesn't get as bad as four seasons aera with all these affordable housing units. Hopefully they aera won't become unsafe ... I just picture all the sketchyness from the section 8 apts around four seasons migrataring over to the newer apts . . I wish I had went to the zooming meeting. I'd be team Not in My back yard.. id rather have had them build regular apts that maybe didn't have all the bells and whistles as the new luxury ones . They could of been standard basic apts and charge around 700
for one bedroom. That's affordable living for Greensboro!
Your insinuation that low-moderate income folks are prone to crime and that their very existence is a "threat" to you is offensive. Please be mindful about the messages you are sending. I don't believe your intent was to insult anyone, but still.....

Old 11-09-2023, 02:54 PM

Yes don't mean to insult. I'm just not understanding Greensboro thinking.. they said the housing is for all the jobs that are coming . But if those jobs are paying what the news has been reporting them wages to be then those people shouldn't be qualifying for section 8

Last edited by chadfromnc_2000; 11-09-2023 at 03:33 PM..

Old 11-09-2023, 04:25 PM

36 posts, read 32,700 times
Quote:
Yes don't mean to insult. I'm just not understanding Greensboro thinking.. they said the housing is for all the jobs that are coming . But if those jobs are paying what the news has been reporting them wages to be then those people shouldn't be qualifying for section 8
That's a very good point.

Old 11-10-2023, 12:19 PM

241 posts, read 236,907 times
Quote:

I think we all agree the city is in need of more housing, particularly affordable housing. The problem is no one wants "low income" anything near their home so what's the city to do? I think in the future, we'll be seeing a variety of developments across the area.

I just saw a story about a planned 500 home development for southeast Greensboro, also not very far from the Toyota plant in Liberty.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...reensboro.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point