Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 09:03 AM

35 posts, read 8,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Bobcats have been on New Jersey’s state endangered species list since the early 1990’s. They are very, very protected, and any sort of hunting for them is highly illegal.

I honestly had no idea bobcats were endangered. I wonder how illegal it is though, on a scale of 1-10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2024, 09:21 AM

10,717 posts, read 5,655,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPip View Post
I honestly had no idea bobcats were endangered. I wonder how illegal it is though, on a scale of 1-10.
Given that the entire thread is make believe, it doesn’t really matter that you made up nonsense about illegal bobcat hunting.

Old 01-22-2024, 09:32 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
..... Though I don't know if the pest people actually do a better job than an "in situ" burial. Have you considered this instead?

As for feeding/neutering feral lynxes... I don't recommend this.
It is preferred to incinerate carcasses, but burial 4 feet deep covered with lime is OK also.

BTW, we have seen observed bobcats in the back yard. The are nocturnal, so if you see one in daylight, it may be ill. Regardless, it is best to have trained animal control people deal with them. I did not know they were endangered, and that is another reason not to shoot at them.

Old 01-22-2024, 10:05 AM

919 posts, read 745,725 times
Quote:
Don't be so certain about that. Where did you get that statistic from anyway? We have seen (and hunted) bobcats in New Jersey, where they weren't supposed to be. My son has shot at a bush dog. Impossible? Not when folks are smuggling exotic species into the country... and losing them in parks and woodlands. How safe do you feel now? Lynxes are, of course, not usually domestic.
Wow, hard to even know where to start with you. First of all, lynx and bobcats are totally different animals, you obviously think they are the same. Secondly, bobcats were reintroduced to NJ decades ago, so they are "supposed" to be there. Thirdly, it is illegal to hunt bobcats at any time in any way in NJ. Apparently following the rules is as difficult for you as remembering your made up stories about bows and arrows.

I feel perfectly safe, but only when I'm a significant distance from you.

https://defenders.org/wildlife/canad...0to%20Colorado.

https://www.njhiking.com/bobcats-new-jersey/

Old 01-22-2024, 10:21 AM

Here's a thought. I feel there's a little too much MANSPLAINING going on here. Funny how this all started when I mentioned my husband was of Haitian descent. Just saying. About the feral cats, lookit, I said I was sorry, I DID NOT REALIZE bobcat hunting was illegal anywhere. But I NEVER said lynxes and bobcats were the same species. I know they're not. WHAT I DO KNOW is that I will not be hunting with my flatbow during the day in the Greensboro area! Jeesh Popeesh.

Old 01-22-2024, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
It is preferred to incinerate carcasses, but burial 4 feet deep covered with lime is OK also.

Do NOT use lime!!!

Old 01-22-2024, 10:38 AM

10,717 posts, read 5,655,419 times
Quote:
Here's a thought. I feel there's a little too much MANSPLAINING going on here. Funny how this all started when I mentioned my husband was of Haitian descent. Just saying. About the feral cats, lookit, I said I was sorry, I DID NOT REALIZE bobcat hunting was illegal anywhere. But I NEVER said lynxes and bobcats were the same species. I know they're not. WHAT I DO KNOW is that I will not be hunting with my flatbow during the day in the Greensboro area! Jeesh Popeesh.
Mansplaining? Racism towards Haitians? No, nothing of the sort is going on in this thread.

It all got started in your initial post, where you claimed you have make believe archery permits for walking around with your bows. Then when challenged, your reason for having the permits changed multiple times. Sprinkle in the rest of the utter nonsense that permeates this thread, and yeah - complete make believe.

Old 01-22-2024, 02:05 PM

919 posts, read 745,725 times
Quote:
Mansplaining? Racism towards Haitians? No, nothing of the sort is going on in this thread.

It all got started in your initial post, where you claimed you have make believe archery permits for walking around with your bows. Then when challenged, your reason for having the permits changed multiple times. Sprinkle in the rest of the utter nonsense that permeates this thread, and yeah - complete make believe.
lol, for real!

Old 01-23-2024, 04:21 AM

Quote:

I made some claims I now know were not quite right: about archery permits, bobcats in New Jersey, etc. My husband, who knows far more about bowmanship than I do despite his condition, is furious. But please don't say things like "utter nonsense." It's mean.

Old 01-23-2024, 05:22 AM

171 posts, read 158,961 times
I would like to get started in archery but would like to do kyūjutsu or kyudo I think it's called. Do we have anything like that in triad or do I have to go to Charlotte or Raleigh ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point