Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 10:06 PM

377 posts, read 203,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
I would like to get started in archery but would like to do kyūjutsu or kyudo I think it's called. Do we have anything like that in triad or do I have to go to Charlotte or Raleigh ?
Archery. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 08:53 AM

35 posts, read 8,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv2015 View Post
I would like to get started in archery but would like to do kyūjutsu or kyudo I think it's called. Do we have anything like that in triad or do I have to go to Charlotte or Raleigh ?

From the responses I've gotten, I'd maybe consider another city or state. I'm not personally familiar with either of those forms of archery, but they're probably illegal in Greensboro.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:40 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPip View Post
From the responses I've gotten, I'd maybe consider another city or state. I'm not personally familiar with either of those forms of archery, but they're probably illegal in Greensboro.
Due to your desire to roam freely among the public while openly displaying weapons of mass destruction, and possibly or possibly not shooting whatever may pop up in front of you, perhaps you should consider staying where you are. Sounds like the populace of Morristown is okeydokey with it. Just a thought for your consideration.

Old 01-26-2024, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Due to your desire to roam freely among the public while openly displaying weapons of mass destruction, and possibly or possibly not shooting whatever may pop up in front of you, perhaps you should consider staying where you are. Sounds like the populace of Morristown is okeydokey with it. Just a thought for your consideration.

Weapons of mass destruction? I believe that's what Kim Jong Un has. We've got bows and arrows, man's oldest and most effective defense arsenal. And I'm sorry, but we just closed on a home that needs a little work. So get ready Greensboro!

Actually, it's more like get ready squirrels, feral cats, and assorted vermin of Greensboro. One thing talking to y'all has taught me is: you might not like me, BUT AT LEAST I DON'T NEED A PERMIT TO SHOOT IN THE PARKS OF NC!

Old 01-26-2024, 06:21 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Weapons of mass destruction? I believe that's what Kim Jong Un has. We've got bows and arrows, man's oldest and most effective defense arsenal. And I'm sorry, but we just closed on a home that needs a little work. So get ready Greensboro!
LOL, in 10 days you found a house, put it under contract and closed the transaction? uh huh.

Quote:
, it's more like get ready squirrels, feral cats, and assorted vermin of Greensboro. One thing talking to y'all has taught me is: you might not like me, BUT AT LEAST I DON'T NEED A PERMIT TO SHOOT IN THE PARKS OF NC!
Sorry, quite wrong. Illegal to shoot an arrow in the city limits of G'boro:

"No person shall, within the corporate limits of the city, or within any area owned or leased by the city, shoot or project any stone, rock, shot or other hard substance by means of a slingshot, bean shooter, shot shooter, air rifle, popgun, bow or other similar contrivance; provided, that archery shooting may be engaged in on such grounds as may be set aside and approved therefor by the city manager, and designated as archery ranges."

If you want to keep this charade going please do.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:03 AM

Quote:
LOL, in 10 days you found a house, put it under contract and closed the transaction? uh huh.

If you want to keep this charade going please do.

Uh duh? No, we've been looking for a while longer than that.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:07 AM

Quote:

"No person shall, within the corporate limits of the city, or within any area owned or leased by the city, shoot or project any stone, rock, shot or other hard substance by means of a slingshot, bean shooter, shot shooter, air rifle, popgun, bow or other similar contrivance; provided, that archery shooting may be engaged in on such grounds as may be set aside and approved therefor by the city manager, and designated as archery ranges."

Well, tell that to my 6-year-old son, who happens to carry a bow and happens to be a crack shot. Oh, and also tell that to the squirrels, cats, snakes, ducks, and assorted vermin who happen to land in his sights. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who smells a fish here? Where did you even dredge up that "law." Or DID YOU WRITE IT YOURSELF?

Old 01-26-2024, 07:48 AM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Quote:
Well, tell that to my 6-year-old son, who happens to carry a bow and happens to be a crack shot. Oh, and also tell that to the squirrels, cats, snakes, ducks, and assorted vermin who happen to land in his sights. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who smells a fish here? Where did you even dredge up that "law." Or DID YOU WRITE IT YOURSELF?
Your list of "vermin" is now expanded to include ducks and snakes? Anything else?

Old 01-26-2024, 08:25 AM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Does anyone disagree with what I’ve been saying? That this is nothing but a troll thread?

Old 01-26-2024, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Your list of "vermin" is now expanded to include ducks and snakes? Anything else?
LOL. No, ducks is probably stretching it. They're too slow anyway. Do you have a problem with shooting at snakes, though? Where I'm from, they're considered pests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point