Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM

83 posts, read 246,357 times

Advertisements

I have a question. I visited Lincoln Green and I love it! How do you like living there? Me and my boys are going to move there I think next summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 PM

3 posts, read 7,154 times
Wow - I didn't realize there were new replies here! Thanks yourhometriad for the additional advice!

cocobabydoll, Lincoln Green is great EXCEPT - and you're going to get a rant here because I'm still mad about this - in late June both my husband's and my cars were broken into. Smash-and-grab of both our GPS units. We will of course take responsibility for having valuables visible in our cars, but the thing is, we always took them down and put them away anywhere else but at the apartments, because we felt that it was so safe. And they allegedly have a security patrol that drives around 4-5 times a night, but if that's the case I really don't know how our cars sat there all night with the windows smashed open without being noticed by this "security patrol." The complex was very nice and apologetic and even sent out their maintenance staff to help us clean up the glass - but then the next day, when we got back from picking up my car from having the window replaced, we had a notice on our door (that I assume had been distributed to everyone in the neighborhood) addressing the break-ins. The notice contained the phrase "The best deterrent against crime is common sense," which I found to be a slap in the face to the people who had been robbed. I understand totally that they had to address the break-ins to the other residents, and that we definitely take some responsibility for having been targeted since we had GPS units on our dashboards, but I found this to be pretty insensitive. We're still mad about that.

Other than that, and a bad tendency to close the office early for "training" which makes it hard to pick up packages that might have been left during the day at the office, Lincoln Green has really been a great place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point