Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Houston: better job opportunities, cheaper housing, long commute, lack of zoning, high property tax

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 958 times

Advertisements

I was born and raised in Houston, Memorial Area, and although I do miss friends and family, there is no way I'd move back to Houston.

Houston has turned in to LA of the south.

North Carolina has it all except for good Tex Mex and Bar-BQ. You can only do so much with a pig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 01:31 PM

21 posts, read 85,278 times
Thanks for the feedback. Memorial is a great area. If I could afford it, I would love to live there. It's close to downtown and Galleria. Of course, I-10 is a pain, but you could hop on Memorial Drive and get to the Galleria or Downtown pretty quickly. But I will never be able to afford that place (or Tanglewood or River Oaks), Why would you not want to live there?

Are you now in Mooresville? Do you drive to Charlotte every day for work? That seems like a long commute.

You are right about the food. I miss Ninfa's, Monterrey's, Luther's, Goode, Black-Eyed Pea, etc. Nothing like them here, although Bandido's and El Rodeo serve pretty good Mexican food, and Red Hot & Blue's brisket comes pretty close to Luther's. I do not care for pulled pork, but Hursey's in Burlington cooks up a decent meal. No Whataburger or Jack-in-the-box here either. And I have yet to find a place similar to Black-Eyed Pea around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point