Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM

416 posts, read 589,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
I don't like that people tailgate so much here, but it's a driving style I guess. *shrug* If I'm going fast enough, I just clean my windshield and they back off soon enough.
Eh, DH and I loved what you all call "traffic" there in GSO. There are no tailgaters like those in a) Arizona, b) Los Angeles and c) New Jersey. I'll take GSO drivers any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:24 PM

33 posts, read 118,200 times
If you're like me and you don't have a wide window of opportunity to consider those places you've listed, I'd recommend using apartments.com and apartmentratings.com to compare them. At least you'll know what they offer compared to each other and what residents' opinions are.

Good luck in your search! Welcome to the neighborhood.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:55 AM

799 posts, read 3,228,791 times
Default Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Arizona View Post
Eh, DH and I loved what you all call "traffic" there in GSO. There are no tailgaters like those in a) Arizona, b) Los Angeles and c) New Jersey. I'll take GSO drivers any day.
Oh trust me, I know traffic honies! I lived in the DC area for 5 years, and Berlin for 12, and lived in numerous states. I think I got it covered. But, yeah, 'traffic' here is not what I would call traffic in those other places. Now that I don't have to drive 20 miles to work, I've decided I really don't want to live that far anymore, despite the better cost of living. I like the convenience more and I'll be willing to pay the fitting taxes for it!

Beep Beep!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:38 PM

21 posts, read 67,248 times
As I posted in another thread, anywhere in the Northwestern part of the city is very quiet and the rent is extremely reasonable. I pay $610/mo. for over 1,000 sq. ft. I live off West Friendly Ave., a fantastic well-maintained road with quick access to downtown and all the big commercial areas (West Market, Wendover, Battleground, etc.) I lived in Minnesota prior to living here and the rent and taxes were outrageous. I paid the same rent for less than 600 sq. ft. and even though I made much more money up north, I only brought home close to what I'm making now! I grew up in metro Atlanta and moved north after college to broaden my horizons, but the great pay, cheap cost of living, and low taxes brought me back south. I personally enjoy living out by the airport, as you never hear planes take off and it's quiet and separated from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the city. My commute to work every morning? 3-5 minutes... Gotta love it!

Oh yeah, the drivers here are insane. And I'm used to Atlanta drivers. I think it's due to all the relocated Yankees who are used to driving on the New Jersey turnpike and the local population whose I.Q. is lower than my shoe size. You see people driving while texting on cellphones constantly. Hang up and drive!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:16 AM

83 posts, read 246,458 times
agl82, which apts do you live in for that amount? That isnt bad at all!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM

83 posts, read 246,458 times
Agl82
how do you like working for gilbarco..i am in the accounting field and they seem to have some good positions.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:44 PM

10 posts, read 31,695 times
It's a nice area to live, a growing area with many new subdivisions, shopping and park with events, walking, picnics etc. You might want to check with DOT though. There is a 12 year plan for this area with a new high way due to go through. The last time I checked, it was mapped out which they can provide you with the map so you will know which areas to avoid. They are targeting 8 years for one highway but they didn't have funding when last I was there. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just might delay the when it will happen as they have already started to purchase property in some of the areas. .

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 09-01-2008, 06:20 PM

8 posts, read 27,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agl82 View Post
Oh yeah, the drivers here are insane. And I'm used to Atlanta drivers. I think it's due to all the relocated Yankees who are used to driving on the New Jersey turnpike!

I represent that remark! Yup .. I'm guilty. Most drivers down here drive too darn slow. Get outta my way, here I come!

Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM

799 posts, read 3,228,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smannes View Post
I represent that remark! Yup .. I'm guilty. Most drivers down here drive too darn slow. Get outta my way, here I come!
Hey you know, that's ok, nothing wrong with that, as long as you don't tailgate me, I won't flick a booger on your windshield! (My car isn't called Little Zippy for nothin'.)

Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 PM

21 posts, read 67,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobabydoll View Post
agl82, which apts do you live in for that amount? That isnt bad at all!
I live in Westborough Apartments, formerly Friendly Hills. The former owners were complete idiots (admitted by the current owners) and didn't sink any money whatsoever into upkeep and beautification of the complex/grounds. The current owners have spent like $5 million dollars on refurbishing, painting, landscaping, etc. It's quite nice now, with lots of trees and green space. The huge trees above provide a beautiful canopy. About the only noise I ever hear is a police siren, and that's extremely rare. I've lived there nearly 5 months and have no complaints.

And, I really like working for Gilbarco. Nice people, good pay. You should look into applying for something here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point