Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 PM

62 posts, read 188,719 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to note that my wife and I are packing up and will be soon be relocating to W-S from CA. Not necessarily looking forward to the drive, but very much looking forward to starting a new life/new chapter in lives. Thanks to one and all who have provided information that has helped us in various ways!. See yall soon! (by the way, my yalls come from me being raised in Texas )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 PM

571 posts, read 1,052,645 times
Have a safe trip! I am happy for you and your wife. My hubby and I will be moving from CA to the Winston-Salem area as soon as we sell our home. We are so looking forward to starting our new life there as well.

Best of luck to you

Old 08-14-2008, 07:24 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,574,031 times
I live in Charlotte...but you choose an EXCELLENT area of NC to move to. Very good quality of life and VERY VERY good Healthcare in Winston-Salem...some of the best in the whole SouthEast. Good luck with your move & be safe driving the long distance.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:16 PM

322 posts, read 669,878 times
I live and Charlotte as well...and know you'll love Winston-Salem. It has alot to offer, without having alot of the big city problems that plague even
Charlotte, such as crime, poor public schools, and gangs. I would be interested in know why both of you couples are moving to W-S.....is it
the US Airways service center?...I know several people who relocated from southern CA when US Airways transferred jobs from San Diego. Good luck and Godspeed to you both!!

Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 PM

33 posts, read 118,418 times
Welcome to the area & good luck in your move... we moved up here from FL and it was a pain in the butt! I can't imagine the drive from CA.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:58 AM

62 posts, read 188,719 times
Default I should be packing

We are moving from CA to W-S due to a job change for me. I had become rather disallusioned with my employer here and had been searching for positions with the Veterans Administration over the past 8 months. To make a long story not so long, I was offered a position at a VA Outpatient clinic in W-S and after visiting the area and doing some research, decided to accept and hence we start our journey next weekend.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM

799 posts, read 3,235,206 times
Congratulations! I didn't realize there was a VA outpatient location in W-S! I specialize in Anxiety Disorders, so perhaps I will look into it too. Maybe there is something in Greensboro here where I could volunteer. Now you have me thinking! Thanks!

We just moved here May of this year and have really grown to like it more than we thought we would. It takes about 1-2 months to "detox" off the city stress level and then you just enjoy yourself.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM

416 posts, read 592,939 times
Congratulations!! Swing by Phoenix on the way out, would you? I'd be happy if you tied me to the luggage rack...

Good luck and be safe on your drive!

(After December, we too will be laying concrete plans for heading out to GSO, which probably includes one last scouting trip. Can't wait!!)

Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 PM

135 posts, read 527,231 times
You all are going to love Winston. It is has all of the amenities of a larger area without all the hassle and the quality of life cannot be beat imo. It was so peaceful where I used to live-Robinhood Rd area- that it can lull you into a state of disbelief. Best of luck to you all with your move to NC.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 PM

799 posts, read 3,235,206 times
CC is right! when I saw Winston=Salem the Robinhood area was really nice. *sigh* Just...comfy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point