Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 07:28 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,717,979 times

Advertisements

I've recently acquired a few acres of land w/ a mobile home...a really old one.

Amazingly it's in good condition although it's an eyesore from outside. Over the years the owner has put new flooring in some rooms and kept it in good repair.

But....some flooring still needs replacing and when the microwave and the a/c is on at the same time...the thing switches off in the breaker box. There is one of those kerosene heaters and window units for a/c.

I'd like to do this....myself. Or as much as I can. I just did the smallest room in the home...was a half bath.

From ceiling to floor:

kilz and painted ceiling
new light fixture w/ dimmer switch
new electric socket
luan walls w/ chair railing and wainscoating lookalike under the chair railing
crown molding, baseboards, those corner moldings
refaced cabinet-vanity and sanded the door and repainted
resurfaced the top of the vanity counter w/ granite looking tiles
new sink w/ faucets
new plumbing for toliet and sinks to include cut off valves
new toilet
new mirror
3/4" plywood on the floor and at the bottom of the vanity cabinet
new floor covering...that 12x12 stickty tiles

My next job is flooring as the bed just fell through in the bedroom...next to the closet w/ the tub on the other side...yep...former water leaks damaged the floor.

I want the exterior to look like a house w/ siding, replacement windows, gutters, pitch roof...central heat and air.

Anyone know how to do this myself or did you ever have this done?

Any tips would be appreciated when it comes to renovating a mobile home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point