Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 09:06 AM

8 posts, read 24,935 times

Advertisements

My roomate and I stopped by Cityview yesterday and fell in love with the apartment. It is stylish and has a lot of young people which is ideal for us trying to meet new people our age (26 and 23). The amenities seem great too.

That being said, I read some apartment reviews which are nothing short of scathing. (www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NC-Greensboro-City-View-at-Southside.html) love to party, but also want to live in a place where during the week it is easy to get to sleep when we want to.

I understand that overwhelmingly, people review apartments when they have a negative experience so I would like as much information and viewpoints as possible because we REALLY like what we saw.

-Is crime a rising problem? I heard from a few people as well as the review that breakins are rising.
-Is it really that loud? I don't know if i mind a dormesque lifestyle since we want to meet people but my roomate has a dog which would bark at middle-of-the-night rowdyness. Also, I work normal hours so I don't want the problem of trying to get to sleep with drunkards waking me up.
-Is the staff nice and helpful or do they just not care about residents once they sign their lease?
-Are the residents nice and socialable?

I searched the forum but would like info anyone has to offer.

Thanks a lot!

-Matt

Last edited by matchrsim; 01-04-2009 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 12:38 PM

109 posts, read 389,142 times
Sounds to me like you already have formed to many negative opinions against Southside. I lived in the neighborhood 3 years and would not move back because the neighborhood did not live up to my expectations. If you are into the downtown party scene, then this lifestyle is for you; othewise if you are concerned about crime and drunks, then I would forget about this area. I have never had any problems with crime downtown, but it is a party scene and there are going to be drunks not just downtown, but any apartment complex. Personally, I think it offers young people an affordable alternative to living downtown, becuase purchasing a place downtown is very expensive.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,513 times
I'm 30 years old and I'm a resident of City View Apartments. From personal experience, the only problem I've had since being there for over a year is when some one stole my pumpkin on my patio back in November. I havent had any problems with noise. I guess it depends on who your neighbors are and where your apartment is located. I have heard the stories from neighbors about hearing people have sex 3 am in the morning (some people probabally enjoy that LOL) or mid night arguments. But you are more inclined to hear noise if you live in apartment units near the gates in between the buildings where people come in and out. My neighbors are pretty quiet. One negative is parking. If you come in late at night, parking is a bit scarce. My overall impressions are positive. I've been here since the complex opened in December of 2007 and I plan to be here for a long time. As far as the break ins, they likely happened on first floor apartments. Its pretty difficult to break in apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floors because you have to go through security gates. 1st floor apartments have patio doors so you can access apartments on the 1st floor without going through security gates. However all apartments have alarm systems and they have improved the lighting. Also there are more police patrols through the complex. So if you want to feel a little more safe, rent a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment. But I think you and your room mate will love it. There are plenty of people to meet around the ages of 23 to 26 and yes they do like to have a good time. Every Friday evening there are socials in the clubhouse for all the residents and there is free food, beer and wine. Great setting to meet new people. It doesnt get any better than that if you are a party goer.

As far as the staff, they have been really nice to me. I've read reviews where the staff was not nice to other people. As far as the residents, there is a mix. There are really friendly people and there are stuck up snobs who wont even say hello when they walk by you.

studio bedroom

bath

Kitchen area

Living area

Hallway looking towards bedroom door and front door

Last edited by gsoboi; 01-05-2009 at 08:06 AM..

Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM

8 posts, read 24,935 times
Thanks for your input!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM

You are welcome and good luck!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
very pretty..I had to look that up though.I thought the posters meant 'City View' and 'Southside' in Winston-Salem (my fault for trying to speed read)..in which case I was going to say 'run,run for your life!'. I didn't know they meant Gso.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM

109 posts, read 389,142 times
SC122 just to inform you that City View and Southside in Greensboro sits on MLK in a questionable area. It is an ok area, but you still have to convince a lot of people of that. Gso and Winston-Salem are two similiar cities with the same kind of areas and issues.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM

I think people shouldnt have their mind made up about an area just because a street in the neighborhood is named MLK Dr. Im sure the first think people think of when they hear MLK Dr is "rowdy black people" , the ghetto and crime. People need to get beyond sterotypes. I've lived in Southside for over a year now and its a safe area. Take it from someone who lives there. If it wasnt a safe area we wouldnt have people like WFMY weather man Eric Chilton living here. Eric Chilton lived at CityView apartments for a while and now he owns a townhome in Southside. Word has it, country singer Lisa Dames could be moving to CityView or to the neighborhood. Josh from 107 KZL also lives at CityView. There is an upscale wine cafe in the neighborhood. There wouldnt be this kind of atmosphere here if it wasnt a safe neighborhood. Sure minor things happen. But they happen in every neighborhood regardless of what side of town its on. Crime happens EVERYWHERE. But Southside is a safe neighborhood.

Last edited by gsoboi; 01-12-2009 at 08:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM

122 posts, read 200,237 times
I don't understand why people think downtown Greensboro is expensive. Very few homes in the Triad are worth more than $300,000, and there are a lot of nice homes under $200,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point