Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 AM

7 posts, read 20,789 times

Advertisements

Ive done a little bit of searching online to try and find out some info, but have come up with very little.

I've got my BS in Elementary Education, finishing up a masters in Human Relations and expecting my first child. I currently live in Germany with my active duty Army husband but we want to move to Greensboro in early Spring of 2008 when he is able to get out of the miltary. I'm not in a hurry to get back to work, and have been toying around with the idea of opening an in-home preschool. The house we want to buy as a large basement area that could easily be converted for this purpose, its right off the highway and in a great neighborhood.

I was hoping that someone may be able to offer some useful websites that I can cruise to see what kind of requirements the city/state has for doing this kind of business. Or even beter, if there is someone out there that actually owns there own daycare in NC who may be able to offer some assistance.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,859 times
My aunt currently has a home daycare in winston-salem. If you are still interested in information e-mail me and I will connect you up with her.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,454,200 times
NC Division of Child Development

Quote:
If you want to provide care for more than five preschool children, then you need to follow the Child Care Centers application process. The number of children you can care for is based upon indoor and outdoor square footage, completed building fire and sanitation inspections and any local zoning ordinances
Family Child Care Home Application Process:

1. Contact the Division of Child Development to request a Family Child Care Home Application Packet. You may reach the Division at 800.859.0829 (in-state calls only) or 919.662.4527. There is no cost for the Application Packet. The packet contains age and education requirements, an operator checklist, application forms, and a printed materials order form.

A copy of the child care law and rules are not included in the application packet. You will need to purchase these documents by completing the printed materials order form that is included in the packet. You may purchase a single copy of the child care law and rules for homes or purchase the Family Child Care Home Handbook, which includes the law and rules, as well as additional handouts and resources. Be sure to check with your county or city governments to find out if there are additional local standards.

2. The Division recommends that potential family child care home providers attend a one-day prelicensing workshop to receive an overview of the family child care home law and rules. This overview is helpful to persons planning to operate a family child care home. A registration form to attend a FCCH Prelicensing Workshop is included with the application packet.

3. If you have questions regarding the information in the application packet, contact the child care consultant that is listed on the cover of your packet.

4. Complete the application form and mail it to your consultant. Your consultant will usually contact you within two weeks of receiving your application to arrange a time to visit your home and complete the application process.

5. The application packet also explains the steps to complete the required Criminal Records Background Check. The operator of the Family Child Care Home, as well as any employees, must complete the Criminal Record Background Check. New Family Child Care Home providers must ensure that all household members over the age of 15 who are present while children are in care also complete a Criminal Record Background Check.

6. Once it is determined that all applicable requirements have been met, the license will be issued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point