Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
Is Speedy Lohr's on the corner of Enterprise and HWY 150 considered good for Lexington BBQ?
This isn't the Speedy's that everyone is talking about, I am just wondering if anyone has tried Speedy Lohr's and if it is considered good by Lexington BBQ standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
Quote:
This isn't the Speedy's that everyone is talking about, I am just wondering if anyone has tried Speedy Lohr's and if it is considered good by Lexington BBQ standards.

That is the wrong Speedy's. Go about 15 minutes or South into Lexington and you will see Speedy's on your Left.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufrankjun View Post
passed several time and always see a lot of cars parked in front of the resturant that is just off the i-85 business in lexington, nc.

is there anyone local there knows if this is a real good local bbq place?

my wife and i would like to try it out....
Here's an idea; steer the car into the parking lot, go inside and order, then eat. Live a little.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
you can honk for service

Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
For Lexington BBQ, Speedy's is about as good as it gets. If you want a change of pace there is always Short Sugars in Reidsville.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 AM

222 posts, read 936,188 times
Quote:
I don't know if other's consider Speedy Lohr's 'good by LBBQS', but I don't go there when I want bbq and I live closer to Speedy Lohr's. But then I won't refuse to eat their bbq either.

I don't go to Honey Monk's (Lexington BBQ), either, when I want bbq. I prefer Speedy's on Winston Rd or Smiley's just down the street. BBQ Center is good, too.

I think what you should do is go to all the restaurants to try them out then decide which is your favorite. None are bad or inedible. You may find each person in your household will have a different favorite.

You must let us know what you think!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:39 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
I don't know if other's consider Speedy Lohr's 'good by LBBQS', but I don't go there when I want bbq and I live closer to Speedy Lohr's. But then I won't refuse to eat their bbq either.

I don't go to Honey Monk's (Lexington BBQ), either, when I want bbq. I prefer Speedy's on Winston Rd or Smiley's just down the street. BBQ Center is good, too.

I think what you should do is go to all the restaurants to try them out then decide which is your favorite. None are bad or inedible. You may find each person in your household will have a different favorite.

You must let us know what you think!
I live right by Speedy Lohr's and it is the only BBQ I have ever tried. It was our first year here before we had our kitchen unpacked, so we got it 2 time in a week. I wasn't that excited by it and I have never had the urge to order BBQ again. Then, this thread got me thinking....maybe Speedy Lohr's isn't considered good BBQ and I should give BBQ another shot.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,209,554 times
Have to agree with Sunny on this I do like Speedys and Lexington BBQ

Old 09-19-2009, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,726 times
Lexington Barbecue on business 85 is ONE of the best in this area. There is also Speedy's on Old Highway 52/8 North (Lexington) and the Barbecue Center on Main Street. In fact, all the BBQ restaurants get together for the BBQ Festival in October.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,726 times
Speedy's and Speedy Lohr's are two different restaurants. Speedy's is on Old Highway 8/52North (going toward Winston-Salem from Lexington. The other one, Speedy Lohr's is on Highway 8/52 (going toward High Rock Lake). All the BBQ restaurants in Lexington and surrounding areas is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point