Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 AM

9 posts, read 48,454 times

Advertisements

We're considering buying a home in one of Poinsett Homes' new neighborhoods off Woodruff road. I was interested in finding out if anyone had any input on Poinsett positive or negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 04:32 PM

286 posts, read 1,477,665 times
No real input, other than to say that in our shopping, we found them to be one of our preferred homes in the price range. Compared them against McCarr, Eastwood, Ryan, etc.

They are more of a regional builder than all the national guys, which is a plus in my mind too.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:46 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
They formed locally and seem to be decent neighborhoods, if you like tract homes. Their headquarters is on Pelham Road.

Last edited by Skyliner; 06-18-2007 at 05:55 PM..

Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 8,581 times
It may be a little late for you, but our experience with Poinsett has been frustrating. We're 7 months into what was supposed to a 5-month construction cyce and it looks like it'll go more than 9 months before we're in. Communication is poor. After months of practically begging for a projected completion date, we finally got one, but it looks like it will be off by more than a month. We have no way to plan our household move or set up a location for our business.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,633 times
Poinsett builds some nice homes but construction in Greenville right now is slow in comparison to 2 years ago

many neighborhoods are having problems... some aren't but a lot are

as i said before, there's a lot of companies closing out but Poinsett should make it b/c they are one of the few as said above that are regional, not national

I was looking to buy one of the townhomes in the neighborhood and i can't say anything bad at all.........but at the rate the neighborhood is being built I'd expect the prices to go down just as most other new construction communities on the Verdae side

BUT THAT NEIGHBORHOOD HAS GORGEOUS BUILDING PLANS and it's a gated community ... it could easily go up with the clientele that's there and coming

I actually love that neighborhood's plans

Old 10-11-2007, 10:05 AM

266 posts, read 1,025,657 times
We bought a Poinsett home and moved in a little over a month ago. And have been happy with them.

I thought they did a very thorough walk through, and they also do a 30 day walk through, and a year walk through. Only minor things to be fixed in our house (some dings, a door lock, etc.).

The neighborhood we bought in is coming along slower than we we bought and now they are adding incentives so that is my only complaint, seeing if we bought now we could have paid less for possibly more!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 AM

609 posts, read 1,619,633 times
^ guess it's already happening

have you looked at what your neighbors are paying for their home ?

Greenville County Government goto Real estate property search services
Enter your street name
you can see what everyone paid

Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 8,254 times
Default Going out of Buisness

We too was looking at a Poinsett home when we was shocked to hear from 2 of their on site realtors that they are going out of buisness. My husband spoke to a few construction people and they confirmed this. We were told that they have not only let many employees go including many construction employees...who will build the houses?...but that they are also closeing the doors of their Landscaping division as well. We chose to build our home instead. It seems that even the local builders are feeling the wave.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Default Thats strange

They just won the 2007 Greenville HBA builder of the year award according to their website.

We live in a Poinsett development that is not even 50% done, scary if its true.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Default Update

We just spoke to someone at Poinsett and they said absolutely not they are not going out of business.

What they said is....They are revamping things, after having some issues last year and bad customer service, they have made some cuts in employees, they are turning things around, and fixing the problems, updating their computers, and trying to take care of their customers needs.

They did not seem shocked to hear that there were rumors of going out of business.

They have been excellent to deal with for us but thats just our experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area