Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 09:29 AM

112 posts, read 267,512 times

Advertisements

We'd like to visit the Spartanburg area again for Thanksgiving and was wondering if there is a place somewhere between Asheville and Spartanburg that caters to the Thanksgiving experience, a restaurant or a resort kind of place?

If not, how about rental cabins with kitchens and a fireplace in the mountains?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
I've heard great things about the Red Horse Inn B&B in Landrum, SC near the NC border. Here's a link to their website: South Carolina romantic getaways, couples retreat SC, SC couples getaway

Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM

I was just reading about Grove Park Inn, wow that place looks great too.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4au View Post
Yes, that's actually in Asheville-wonderful place. The Biltmore Estate has a lovely resort on its grounds as well. I suggested Red Horse as it's near the mountains between S'burg and Asheville.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Yes, that's actually in Asheville-wonderful place. The Biltmore Estate has a lovely resort on its grounds as well. I suggested Red Horse as it's near the mountains between S'burg and Asheville.
Yes I was just on their website thanks to you and it is b e a u t i f u l but considering my wife will have just given birth 2 months earlier i cant expect her to cook this year so the perfect place will have to have a Thanksgiving buffet. This is going to be a fun search, these places are amazing.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:15 AM

899 posts, read 2,288,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4au View Post
Haha, when I read your initial post I immediately thought "Grove Park Inn".

I've been two or three times for Thanksgiving and it is excellent. You'll enjoy it a lot.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Yes it sounds very good, i read the reviews and now coming from you i think we found the place. I dont understand their pricing so i emailed them for pricing on a party of 5. Innovator you should consider coming again this year with your family, and you too Upstateboo

Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Ouch, 3,000+ for 3 nights is a bit steep...

"The mountain view package for the room with just 2 adults would be $1127 plus tax. The same package with just one adult in the room would be $1014 plus tax.

Our suites are two adjoining rooms with each room having it's own bed and bathroom. The upgrade on our packages is $600 per night so the original package was $1360 plus $1800 which is $3160 plus tax for the 3 nights.

Sincerely,

Patrick Likovetz
Lead Reservations Agent - CHS, CR
The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa"

Old 07-29-2010, 05:42 AM

64 posts, read 180,042 times
Just saw this...I HIGHLY recommend the Grove Park Inn. My parents have stayed there several times and my husband & I stayed there right after Thanksgiving. It is decorated so beautiful for Christmas, as well. You will not be disappointed

Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,988 times
I think you can eat there without renting a room for the night. It's about an hour from Spartanburg and a beautiful drive most of the way. My wife and I went up there and just had a mid-afternoon snack at one of their restaurants. It was expensive, but not $3000.

Call to make sure. Thanksgiving may be especially busy and require some kind of package that has some sticker shock (or limited to hotel guests). I'd pay a little extra to make sure I had a seat without a long wait.

Oh, and I hope your 2-month old is okay with your plans. (evil grin)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area