Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 AM

11,717 posts, read 24,915,494 times

Advertisements

But the economy is improving: Jobless claims touch 9-month high | Reuters Grab your rear ends now folks. It's going to get ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 08:54 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,594,573 times
Ever the bearer of glad tidings, eh?... But with all the announced companies coming to the area or expanding operations, this area should still fare better than most.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,908,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
But the economy is improving: Jobless claims touch 9-month high | Reuters Grab your rear ends now folks. It's going to get ugly.
Thank you Obumble. He has had two years to fix the problem and he has made it worse. It will be a happy day when this disaster of a president is voted out of office.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM

267 posts, read 333,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Thank you Obumble. He has had two years to fix the problem and he has made it worse. It will be a happy day when this disaster of a president is voted out of office.
Do you honestly think that things would be any different if someone else would have been elected?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,594,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Do you honestly think that things would be any different if someone else would have been elected?
Probably not in an absolute sense, but at the same time, if a small-government administration was in power and not about to load down businesses with new taxes & regulations, these businesses that are now down to skeleton crews but bursting with cash, would be more likely to part with that money and invest in facilities & new employees. It's the uncertainty that the current admin's policies engender that is holding the economy back.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
I honestly think there are numerous people that could have been far better than Obumble. Obumble has no experience managing anything, and now he is in charge of the world's largest economy and you see what we get. An already sick economy that is becoming worse daily thanks to his horrible policies, lack of focus on the true issues at hand and his hiring of several incompetent cabinet members.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM

5,526 posts, read 8,384,990 times
I get so tired of hearing politics on a forum that is supposed to be about the upstate. I've learned that many that hate this president have a hidden reason covered by something else. Bush was the worst president of all time. More of the same was not going to be good. Of course Bush does have one big credential that Obama doesn't, and you know what it is.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I get so tired of hearing politics on a forum that is supposed to be about the upstate. I've learned that many that hate this president have a hidden reason covered by something else. Bush was the worst president of all time. More of the same was not going to be good. Of course Bush does have one big credential that Obama doesn't, and you know what it is.
Bush was horrible, but Bush was TWO YEARS ago. Obama is president now and has been for TWO YEARS. Time to see what this president is made of....time for him to truely lead and help this country, instead of continuing to let this country slide.

If your "hidden reason" is the worn out racism charge, then I must say just as many had the same "hidden reason" for liking him and voting him into office. Forget that he wasn't qualified, lets just make history. I vote based on experience and ability, not skin color. Sadly, seems many voted on skin color and that is whay we have the disaster of a president we currently have.

Sorry, not logically smart.

Would McCain/Palin have been any better? NO, not in my opinion.

IMO, both parties overlooked the two most qualified candidates.....Hillary for Democrats and Mitt Romney for Repubs. Hillary would have come with years of experience and a more centrist attitude (with Bill's help as well...a good thing IMO) and Mitt was a savvy businessman....something needed in the current economic climate.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:24 PM

5,526 posts, read 8,384,990 times
I believe Obama is a lot smarter than most people, especially the ones who want so badly to burn him at the stake. The ones that are continually slinging mud need to run for office. Apparently you're qualified right? Run for the job.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motonenterprises View Post
I believe Obama is a lot smarter than most people, especially the ones who want so badly to burn him at the stake. The ones that are continually slinging mud need to run for office. Apparently you're qualified right? Run for the job.
This isn't about me or you. Why the cheap personal attack? I've always thought more highly of you.

It is about the poor leadership or lack of leadership from Obama. The country is under his watch now and his policies are harming the country, not improving the country. New unemployment claims just hit a nine month high......that is all under Obama. Economist are talking about a double dip recession (though many do not believe we actually exited the first).

Remember the "it's the economy stupid" comment years ago? That could apply now and Obama seems to be clueless as what to do, and in the mean time forces passage of an unwanted healthcare bill on the nation. Obama seems to be following his own little plan......nation and citizens be damned.

Many feel he doesn't have the best interest of the country at heart and I must say, many of his actions seem to bear out that opinion.

On the "smarter than most people".....many doubt it.....why his stupid entry into the New York mosque debate or his "acted stupidly" comment? Those knee jerk comments are not the actions of a smart or wise man. He may have book knowledge, but true smarts.....hmmmm.....debatable. If he is soooo smart, why hasn't help improve the economy.....his policies are hurting the economy.

Slinging mud? No. Most are stating their opinions of the poor performance of a president, elected by us, who works for us. In a free country, we have the right to demand more of elected officials and voice our opinions. How is that mudslinging? Are you not for freedom of speech?

Last edited by gsupstate; 08-19-2010 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area