Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 PM

203 posts, read 372,423 times

Advertisements

O'k guys- i will repost this and give a few more particulars and see where it goes!!
Is it possible to find a home to purchase in the low 200's (cash transaction) in seneca, sc. I know a family that is looking for an average size home, very close in ( preferably within 10 minutes max), 3br, 2 bth, basement, safe neighborhood, updated, definitly must have a 2 car garage. They and their buying agent have exhausted homes on mls, and the ones available do not have these attributes. There is one development that has what they are looking for, but there is a concern presently with road maientenance etc, . Please no responses showing what is presently lisited as this avenue has been scrutinized thoroughly.

I am hoping that someone on here,knows of someone that may be lisitng soon with these specifics.

I was thinking that maybe in this present real estate market that there would be more available.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts.

Any contractors out there that have a spec you would like to unload?

You may post any responses here or dm me.

Thanks! Guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,209,422 times
Real Estate in South Carolina FSBO | ForSaleByOwner.com - FSBO

How about FSBO, contact sellers even if it says it's inactive, never know if there's something out there.

Sites like Overstock, possibly Ebay? There are two on link below, not sure of all specs, but worth a look

Seneca Real Estate - Residential for Sale in Seneca, South Carolina, price from $195,001 to $285,000, 3 or more bedrooms, 2 or more bathrooms, 2 garage/parking spots

Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 AM

306 posts, read 690,889 times
What about if they ride around and see what houses might interest them. If they print up a nice letter stating what they are looking for and ask if the homeowner might be interested or considering moving to please call them. Make sure it is understood that they are not a real estate/contractor/investor…. that they are just a family looking for a home. This really works!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,666,761 times
I would make another appointment with a different agent. Maybe give it a little time, too. Just because they found someone with a buyer's agent license, it doesn't mean they have access to all the best info. What they want may not exist, but someone selling homes in the area for 10 years or so can tell them what is the closest deal to what they want.

The term "buyer's agent" bothers me. Does this mean this individual does not sell homes? Then how can anyone expect them to know the market?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM

203 posts, read 372,423 times
Default Cash- no house

Thanks for responding HOBO...
Sorry, I didn't explain clearly. I meant that the lady of the couple have a very close friend that is working as a "buyers agent" for the lady. The agent is a full broker, and in all fairness she is working very hard with all that is listed on MLS. The couple are thinking that maybe someone has inside info on homes in that price range that are GOING to be lisited and never quite make it to MLS,(because someone(investor) is buying them for rentals in this crazy market decline) as they are so few and those need much work etc. This is just a thought on their part.. They really aren't being that picky but by the some token they can't buy something and then put allot more money into repairs etc. It could very well be that that price range is very desirable right now. They are checking FSBO as well, because their agent surely would like a commission but she cares for their welfare also.

Thank you again for your response.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,209,422 times
Louise, check you p/m
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area