Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staxs77 View Post
This is Nick Stathakis with Stax's Original. This location will be serving Breakfast all day. Hope to see you soon!
Excellent news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:47 AM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I miss Bob Evans that was on Woodruff Rd.
Me too! That's what I thought of when I read here that Perkins was closing. Bob Evans was my favorite of those types of places.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 AM

144 posts, read 295,864 times
Apparently Bob Evans did not translate well to the South. There are about 19 for sale in Florida, Georgia and The Carolina's.

Some food concepts just will not translate from one region to another even with food as common as Bob Evans sold. I know Cracker Barrel had a very difficult time in the midwest.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:57 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post
Apparently Bob Evans did not translate well to the South. There are about 19 for sale in Florida, Georgia and The Carolina's.

Some food concepts just will not translate from one region to another even with food as common as Bob Evans sold. I know Cracker Barrel had a very difficult time in the midwest.
What you said is so true. There was a Caribbean restaurant in Mauldin.....came back for a visit they were gone. Food was good.....they lasted maybe a year!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttown View Post

I honestly don't know why.... Good, down-home style food should transcend regional boundaries.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:29 PM

899 posts, read 2,286,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I honestly don't know why.... Good, down-home style food should transcend regional boundaries.
I think so too. I always described Bob Evans as like a cross between Denny's and Cracker Barrel...probably not completely accurate, but like a family restaurant chain with a little more country feel.

I know they are big in Ohio, though I first learned of Bob Evans driving north on I-81 through the Shenandoah mountains. The farthest south they are on that route is Winchester, VA - which I guess is still technically the South, but not really...they don't even have sweet tea at that one

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innovator82 View Post
I think so too. I always described Bob Evans as like a cross between Denny's and Cracker Barrel...probably not completely accurate, but like a family restaurant chain with a little more country feel.

I know they are big in Ohio, though I first learned of Bob Evans driving north on I-81 through the Shenandoah mountains. The farthest south they are on that route is Winchester, VA - which I guess is still technically the South, but not really...they don't even have sweet tea at that one
We visited one in Myrtle Beach. They have these $20 take home meals that feed 4 or 5. Meatloaf, chicken, etc...

Old 06-29-2011, 02:51 PM

9,496 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staxs77 View Post
This is Nick Stathakis with Stax's Original. This location will be serving Breakfast all day. Hope to see you soon!
Lived here 7 years and never had the opportunity to visit a Stax Original. I've been to the Grill and Peppermill though and both were great.

Looking forward to your new location on Woodruff!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:57 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Lived here 7 years and never had the opportunity to visit a Stax Original. I've been to the Grill and Peppermill though and both were great.

Looking forward to your new location on Woodruff!
You should check out the original. Pretty cool place.....kind of a step back in time. Breakfast there is not exactly healthy, but it sure is good!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM

123 posts, read 437,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Most big chains just can't compete with the mom & pop places that the locals flock to for breakfast in the South. Places like Bob Evans are ok but they are nothing like Granny's home cooking so we're not interested. Plus, the small local places are usually cheaper and have better tasting food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area