Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 05:44 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I was told there was a Publix going in somewhere along Wade Hampton near Hwy 14, but I don't see where that could be true, I just don't see any location that could handle the bldg size, and parking space needed for a Publix, but it would be a nice addition if it's true, that's for sure.
I haven't been out that way in a while, but wasn't there a Bloom store built near that intersection on WH? Could it go there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I haven't been out that way in a while, but wasn't there a Bloom store built near that intersection on WH? Could it go there?
Yes, but it is still open as Food Lion now.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't think Bi-Lo or Publix want that store. Its too close to their Pelham Rd and Woodruff Rd locations.
That location failed as a grocer. I wouldn't expect it to be attractive to another major chain or someone would have snapped it up by now. may sit empty for a long time.
Pelham Falls and Pelham-Batesville are three miles away from Bi-Lo on Pelham Road or Publix on The Parkway and five miles away from Bi-Lo and Publix in Five Forks. Grocery stores can pull in many customers within 1.5 miles. A grocer located between Pelham Road and I-85 and Five Forks would not fail dependent on who it is.

Food Lion has been closed for six months. For an affluent area becoming a food desert, a major grocery chain is likely aware of the void. Someone would like to add a location in the area, but because of current economic conditions, opening a store right away is not in the plans. Bi-Lo, Ingle's and Publix have not added stores in years; however, the later two chains are actively replacing or adding locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Yes, but it is still open as Food Lion now.
I wonded how long this Food Lion will remain open after Walmart Neighborhood Market opens next year.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 PM

411 posts, read 853,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonded how long this Food Lion will remain open after Walmart Neighborhood Market opens next year.
If it turns into the wasteland that the regular Walmart in Greer is...there won't be much competition. Have you been to that place? It's like "Night of Living Dead" in there. I'll take Food Lion anyday though I will admit that it's never that busy. But all the clerks are super nice!

I've recently enacted a boycott of Walmart anyway. They're not in the least concerned with destroying the towns that they land in not to mention that they aren't that cheap anymore. I do a little couponing and peruse the circulars at Food Lion, Bi-Lo, and Ingles and manage to save money. The cost of gas going to all three would probably cancel out that savings but it takes less than 5 miles for me to hit them all up.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Article about newly opened businesses and what's coming...

IHOP is the latest restaurant marketed for Hwy. 29 corridor | GreerToday.com

Does anyone know what "national restaurant" chain they are referring to?

Another national restaurant chain has also been observed at Greer Plaza studying the area for expansion.

I'm not an IHOP fan, but I know many others are

Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
How can you not like IHOP? That place rocks: http://www.realtylinkdev.com/files/S...es_8_29_12.pdf Same goes for Waffle House.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:14 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
How can you not like IHOP? That place rocks: http://www.realtylinkdev.com/files/S...es_8_29_12.pdf Same goes for Waffle House.
I did as a kid, but I've only been to one (which was up here) about a year ago, before that...let's just say I was still a kid in school

I'd love to know what new businesses will be going in where the Walmart Market is going. They're doing the facade over really nice. I hope Big Lots upgrades their inside of their store, it's so drab

Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Article about newly opened businesses and what's coming...

IHOP is the latest restaurant marketed for Hwy. 29 corridor | GreerToday.com

Does anyone know what "national restaurant" chain they are referring to?

Another national restaurant chain has also been observed at Greer Plaza studying the area for expansion.

I'm not an IHOP fan, but I know many others are
If I am a national chain with an appearance in the Greenville area, who would I be? The Darden trio? In regards to Greer Plaza, I am thinking restaurant pads facing West Wade Hampton Boulevard, if there is room.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
I did as a kid, but I've only been to one (which was up here) about a year ago, before that...let's just say I was still a kid in school

I'd love to know what new businesses will be going in where the Walmart Market is going. They're doing the facade over really nice. I hope Big Lots upgrades their inside of their store, it's so drab
So is the Ihop gonna go next to the Mickey Dee's on Suber/Wade Hampton? It's a 2 acre parcel, so I guess it is big enough? As for the other national restaurant, I'll guess Chili's.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
There's a new Latin restaurant in the former Rolled Pita location. It's called Tango and the logo appears to have the Argentinian flag in it. That was really quick since RP only moved over to Georges a little over a month ago. Argentinian food is pretty tasty, will have to try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area