Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM

78 posts, read 245,749 times

Advertisements

My family and I went there around 10:30 AM Saturday before last for breakfast. The parking lot was full but the wait was only about 15 minutes. I thought the building looked great and I was very excited, as I feel Stax is a real Greenville tradition. I have eaten at the other Stax Original many years ago and recall it being quite good. I still eat at Stax Omega from time to time (love their deserts) and I have eaten at Stax Grill a few times.

Anyway, we were seated and our waitress made it clear she was not having a good day. As I recall, our order took quite awhile to come out but they were busy and it was Saturday morning so no real big deal. I figured I would go all in and had the “Stax Country Eggs Benedict w/ Country Ham.” I really wanted to like it but the toasted biscuits were hard as hockey pucks and the sausage gravy had so little flavor the country ham couldn't even save it.

My son just had a couple of bacon & eggs biscuits and he said the frozen biscuits I make at home from time to time were better than the ones he was served (he had no complaints about the bacon & eggs). My wife and my son’s girlfriend both had pancakes and nether were very impressed. The service during the meal was slow and not very friendly. I was quite disappointed and truly hope we just hit it at a bad time. I hope others will post their experiences and convince me it's worth another try ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 AM

915 posts, read 2,425,067 times
In reference to the above. (didn't want to quote the whole thing)

This is actually why I haven't been yet. This may sound awful, but I am waiting for them to weed out some of the Perkin's employees. I personally don't think they could have ever been prepared for the crowds that the transition to Stax would bring. They were probably used to 15% of the current business, so quality is the only thing that was going to suffer.

Right when the news talked about Stax retaining employees from Perkin's, I knew I was going to wait at least a month before going.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM

Can't say I was too impressed with their decision to be closed today (Labor Day). As if Wal-Mart wasn't going to have any sales today or anything.

As we approached at about 9am this morning, I was slightly perturbed when we saw no cars in the parking lot.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:01 AM

25 posts, read 92,485 times
Now that the novelty has worn off, the place is empty at night. People realized the meals were blah and small portions. If your into the hillbilly meat and 3 hospital food you'll love it.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:45 AM

298 posts, read 687,303 times
We ate at this Stax once and it was one of the most pitiful meals I have ever been served in any restaurant ever.

It was supposed to be Turkey breast with mashed potatoes (dark gravy) and dressing. I mean really, that should be a diner staple right?

Well .... what was delivered to the table was a tiny slab of processed turkey (I am guessing), some powdered mashed potatoes, clear gravy, and the world's worst serving of 'synthetic' dressing I could have imagined.

I have never been in prison but I imagine they eat like kings compared to what I was looking at.

I did not even try to eat this meal, it was that pitiful.

Never been back.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:53 PM

98 posts, read 203,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
Now that the novelty has worn off, the place is empty at night. People realized the meals were blah and small portions. If your into the hillbilly meat and 3 hospital food you'll love it.
lol, awesome post - Meat and 3 = garbage.
Nasty.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLtransplant View Post
lol, awesome post - Meat and 3 = garbage.
Nasty.
Certainly A LOT of restaurants that serve "garbage" around here then. Clearly someone is eating it.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:55 AM

7 posts, read 14,348 times
One think their Greek Chicken is super good!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:50 AM

98 posts, read 203,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Certainly A LOT of restaurants that serve "garbage" around here then. Clearly someone is eating it.
Typically people with a terrible BMI index and or lipid panel

Old 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM

207 posts, read 556,162 times
We tried this at the end of August and it was disappointing. The service was TERRIBLE. It took forever to get our food, like, an hour, and it wasn't even busy. The food left much to be desired. We will not go back again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area