Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 AM

266 posts, read 1,025,677 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this will get deleted or not for mentioning names....But we just arrived in Greenville on Sunday and do not close on our new home till the end of next week.

I thought maybe someone else could use this information if they are looking for a place to stay while either finding housing or waiting to close on a home. We are staying at the Staybridge Suites off of Woodruff Rd. Its new so everything is very clean and breakfast everyday is included, dinner on Tues-Thurs. And free drinks (even alcoholic) at night. There is every kind of shopping and dining you could need right across the street and a Whole Food Market you could walk too.

We have a one bedroom suite (we have 2 small kids). Its really set up well and the staff is wonderful! They have a theater room, as well as a pool and exercise room.

The Drury inn is VERY nice also. We were actually booked there but found out they don't offer Disney Channel, and with 2 little ones (and the new High School Musical 2 coming out ) it was a must for us (Silly reason but it saves my sanity).

Pricing on both places are great seeing what is included. The Staybridge Suites was about $10 less a day.

Its been a crazy move and we can't wait to get into our new home, but everyone has been very friendly and welcoming here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 04:06 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
^^Have you checked out the new Costco yet right down the road from Staybridge Suites? It opened for the first time earlier today.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM

I haven't yet. We have a BJ's membership but I hear good things about Costco. I'm sure we will get there as soon as things settle down a bit!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 PM

^^I have a membership with Costco and went there earlier today. Every register had a cashier working at them, so I didn't have to wait in line at all even though finding a parking spot was a little hard. After visiting Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club to see what they had to offer and what the prices were like, I would definitely say Costco rules all.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,375,819 times
I say Whole Foods rules all. I know they aren't considered part of the same store type, but for a great selection of food in a nice cosmopolitan atmosphere, Whole Foods is hard to beat.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:11 AM

^^When it comes to food, you are dead right. I also like Earth Fare too.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM

107 posts, read 520,073 times
Hi FLmomof2!

As I read your post, I thought my wife must have written it. We are on parallel paths you and I. We arrived here in Greenville on Monday and are staying in the Townplace Suites as we await our house to be finished. It sounds like you picked a nice place to stay. Townplace is nice but doesn't have as many amenities. We had to take a cheaper route because we'll be waiting a month for our home to be ready. We wanted to be here for the start of school for my daughter. Well, I hope everything goes great for you in your new hometown!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,522,738 times
Welcome to Greenville. If you are looking for more long-term housing, we stayed at Marriott's MainSail Village off Pelham Rd. I believe they have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom furnished apartments. We had a 2 bedroom but we were there for about 2 months and we needed the space. I think it ran us $65 a nite furnished four years ago; don't know what the pricing is today. I envy those that say they only need accommodations for the week!

Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM

47 posts, read 121,914 times
Actually we are at the drury inn right now and they do have the disney chan. i have 4 children and they and it was the only place i found that didnt want us to buy 2 rooms. very friendly people here. And the breakfast is really nice, also free drinks in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmomof2 View Post
Not sure if this will get deleted or not for mentioning names....But we just arrived in Greenville on Sunday and do not close on our new home till the end of next week.

I thought maybe someone else could use this information if they are looking for a place to stay while either finding housing or waiting to close on a home. We are staying at the Staybridge Suites off of Woodruff Rd. Its new so everything is very clean and breakfast everyday is included, dinner on Tues-Thurs. And free drinks (even alcoholic) at night. There is every kind of shopping and dining you could need right across the street and a Whole Food Market you could walk too.

We have a one bedroom suite (we have 2 small kids). Its really set up well and the staff is wonderful! They have a theater room, as well as a pool and exercise room.

The Drury inn is VERY nice also. We were actually booked there but found out they don't offer Disney Channel, and with 2 little ones (and the new High School Musical 2 coming out ) it was a must for us (Silly reason but it saves my sanity).

Pricing on both places are great seeing what is included. The Staybridge Suites was about $10 less a day.

Its been a crazy move and we can't wait to get into our new home, but everyone has been very friendly and welcoming here

Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 AM

We are in the hotel for 5 more days , and I can't wait to finally move in to our house. We did the walk through on Thursday and close next Thursday!

Strange that the person at the Drury Inn told us they didn't have Disney Channel , it would have made it easier to just keep our reservation there, but where we are is great too so I guess it all worked out in the end!

My daughter starts school on Monday, Kindergarten . I guess its a new start for many things, state, house, school. Very overwhelming, but I think we made the right choice. The people have been great!

We are going to the Greenville Zoo today and then maybe the park afterwards..should be fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area