Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I live on Woodruff Road (literally and figuratively), and it's not that bad. Problem is that people who come to Woodruff Road to shop/eat, don't know how to drive in order to avoid the "bad" parts at the "bad" times.

The people who do think Woodruff Road is bad, obviously came from Mayberry. It's not even real traffic.

We moved here from Los Angeles, far and away the worst traffic in the country. Woodruff Rd. is bad. Try exiting off of 85 onto Woodruff on a Friday or Saturday night, it will literally take 10-12 minutes to get to Longhorn or PF Changs from the exit which is about a 1/4 mile from those locations. Why Woodruff wasn't made 3 lanes each way is the epitome of short sightedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 06:41 AM

506 posts, read 1,223,254 times
I moved here from Orlando and even on the worst Saturday or Sunday afternoon Woodruff Rd. isn't NEARLY as bad as I-4 at any rush hour. There is only one TINY area of Woodruff Rd that gets bad and if you spend 30 seconds thinking about where you want to go it's easy to circumvent almost all the traffic.

I'd still like to see stuff in other areas, but c'mon people, if you think Woodruff Rd is really bad (I drive up Woodruff Rd. to get to work every single day, and the only time it's even remotely bad is Sat/Sun afternoons), you really don't know traffic.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:27 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
I moved here from Orlando and even on the worst Saturday or Sunday afternoon Woodruff Rd. isn't NEARLY as bad as I-4 at any rush hour. There is only one TINY area of Woodruff Rd that gets bad and if you spend 30 seconds thinking about where you want to go it's easy to circumvent almost all the traffic.

I'd still like to see stuff in other areas, but c'mon people, if you think Woodruff Rd is really bad (I drive up Woodruff Rd. to get to work every single day, and the only time it's even remotely bad is Sat/Sun afternoons), you really don't know traffic.
I DO know that there are stretches of road that just have too many roads coming together with too many traffic lights in a small area - those need to be re-engineered for smoother traffic flow. Roper Mountain Rd between Woodruff and Roper Mountain Ext. comes to mind, as well as Woodruff Rd itself around the Target/Magnolia Park area.

The only other option is frequent, reliable mass transit that covers enough of the metro area to be a viable alternative to people's cars.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM

186 posts, read 359,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Dead on, Crackofdawn!
Those of us who moved here with BACKAT Syndrome ("back at Washington D.C., our traffic was the worst....") know Woodruff is JUST a pain. JUST. That's why you go a mile out of your way to hit Roper Mountain Road and go behind the Costco-to-Sam's jam on the Weekends.

Poor planning on Woodruff? Absolutely. Major changes and new I-85/Woodruff Road planning in works? You betcha. (Can't get my hands on the link to the plans right now, sorry. Someone else got it?)

But really.... It's only traffic if you have to alter your plans and never go ANYWHERE between 3:30-7:00 PM on week nights. THAT, to regretfully demonstrate my Backat Syndrome, is real traffic.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:29 AM

915 posts, read 2,425,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Try exiting off of 85 onto Woodruff on a Friday or Saturday night, it will literally take 10-12 minutes to get to Longhorn or PF Changs from the exit which is about a 1/4 mile from those locations.
Not that I want to give away all of my secrets, but I would never take the I-85/Woodruff exit on a Saturday, regardless of where you're going. (period) It is WAY quicker to take I-85 --> I-385S --> right on Woodruff Rd --> right into Greenridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Roper Mountain Rd between Woodruff and Roper Mountain Ext. comes to mind, as well as Woodruff Rd itself around the Target/Magnolia Park area.
Exactly why Magnolia Park should have it's own on/off ramp to I-385, which Greenridge should have had to I-85.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
I thought this thread was about a restaurant.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I thought this thread was about a restaurant.
We're just working out the most efficient ways to get to the restaurant when it opens!

Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 AM

186 posts, read 359,103 times
Speaking of which, where exactly will this place be, and when will it open?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
Honestly, I don't even know if it's 100% officially coming yet, but I could be wrong.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:47 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
Go to the first post in thread. Franchised for RDU, CLT, GVL. No idea on location or opening date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area