Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 08:03 AM

348 posts, read 497,532 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a contractor in the area, who specializes in "slab raising". Some call it Mud Jacking. We have a portion of our driveway that is cracked and sinking. I know this is a process used, but wonder if anyone on this board has info/experience with this. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 08:59 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,193,665 times
Not sure if you are talking about the same thing that's happened to our driveway. Ours is cracked and parts have "settled" lower than others.

We had a drain put in our driveway, the prior owners had the gutter downspout just draining on to the driveway which ruined it, not to mention it didn't help that whoever poured the concrete initially did a good job. The guy who did the work only does concrete work. He can patch the cracks, or cut out the bad areas and pour new. I woudn't never think about trying to raise any parts of it, but your case may be totally different than mine.

If you want you can P/M me and I can give you his name. May be worth the call to see what he may suggest.

I did a quick look-up on Google to see what "mud jacking" was just now. Seems this company does what you're looking for - know nothing about their work, but would love to know what you find out if you call/use them

Mudjacking For Sinking& Settling Concrete Repair in Columbia, Augusta, Greenville, South Carolina and North Carolina

I've heard of RamJack, but not sure what they cover, I know they do foundations for homes, not sure about driveways.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 AM

348 posts, read 497,532 times
Default Mud Jacking

Thanks for your reply. I called the company you have noted, previous to my posting. A representative told me they do not do mud jacking, anymore. That is my dilema. I believe that this may work for our needs, but finding a resource is another matter. I have searched the internet on the subject and can't find a local (Greenville/Spartanburg) contractor. Thanks again.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,193,665 times
They didn't/couldn't give you a name of someone who may still do it?

You can call this company, though not in the area, maybe they know someone who does do it down here.

Concrete Jack Slab Jacking, Concrete Leveling & Mud Jacking Solutions

Old 12-26-2011, 10:39 AM

63 posts, read 212,735 times
Just to through my .02 in here. Mud jacking is VERY expensive in comparison to pulling out the old concrete, compacting the dirt, and replacing it with new. They only time you would want to use that method is when you absolutely have to (i.e. foundation settling, slab house settling). Those are the instances where jacking the foundation will be cheaper than tearing off a section of the house to repair the structure.

Send me a pm if you want anymore info on moving foreword with your driveway repair.. Id love to help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area