Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 AM

28 posts, read 113,499 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what happened here?? Went for lunch today and the sign is down and place is empty!! Just a sign left on the door from the property manager to visit one of the other restaurants in the plaza, and to look forward to a new restaurant coming soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,814,761 times
Well, it sounds like the space won't be empty long which is good to see.

Oh and i'm not suprised to hear about these retail/restaurant closings including Brioso. January is the month you see this happen the most due to the companies wanting to get the most revenue over the holiday season before shutting their doors. January is also the slowest month when it comes to sales. Due to this, I honestly expect to see more closings happen before the month is over. You'll see tenants start to fill the spaces beginning in Spring.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:44 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,193,665 times
Crap! I have a Living Social deal I hadn't used for them. Oh well, guess I'll request a refund. Actually though of going there to use it yesterday. Thanks for the heads up. Can you link your post over on the Business Closed Thread?

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,555,432 times
I never had a chance to try them! I really wanted to. They always looked to enjoy a healthy number of diners whenever we were in the area (usually going to Mojo's-just never got around to trying Brioso).

Old 01-20-2012, 11:55 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,814,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Crap! I have a Living Social deal I hadn't used for them. Oh well, guess I'll request a refund. Actually though of going there to use it yesterday. Thanks for the heads up. Can you link your post over on the Business Closed Thread?
If they're having to offer deals like that to get people through the doors then they probably weren't doing well to begin with. This isn't the only restaurant where this has happened recently also. Just look at the Plaid Pelican to see an example of the exact same thing.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:19 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,537,420 times
Quote:
Me too! Boo!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
If they're having to offer deals like that to get people through the doors then they probably weren't doing well to begin with. This isn't the only restaurant where this has happened recently also. Just look at the Plaid Pelican to see an example of the exact same thing.
It was purchased last May, when they were still new. But I know what you mean - happened to me with Maggie Moo's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Me too! Boo!!!
I already requested a refund from LS - just ask them as well. I think once they confirm a place has gone belly-up they email everyone and issue refunds for the purchase amount for any unused vouchers.

I wonder if the other locations listed on their website have closed as
well They even have "new locations opening soon" posted.

BRiOSO Fresh Pasta

Old 01-21-2012, 02:38 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,846,942 times
Quote:
they did have a location in the Anderson mall, not sure if that closed down as well. If you really wanted to make good on your deal you could try there, or at least find out info on requesting a refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I agree, I went there once, was totally annoyed by the concept, and left. having to decide what pasta, what sauce, what meat, and what wine all before I even sit down, didn't make much sense. I understand some ppl really liked it, I just thought it was strange, might work well for a business lunch, but not the right area for that really.
The manager tried to explain it to me that he was saving money on servers, but your table still receives a server, so I didn't understand how that worked. I guess the customer saves money by tipping less? lol

Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
they did have a location in the Anderson mall, not sure if that closed down as well. If you really wanted to make good on your deal you could try there, or at least find out info on requesting a refund

I agree, I went there once, was totally annoyed by the concept, and left. having to decide what pasta, what sauce, what meat, and what wine all before I even sit down, didn't make much sense. I understand some ppl really liked it, I just thought it was strange, might work well for a business lunch, but not the right area for that really.
The manager tried to explain it to me that he was saving money on servers, but your table still receives a server, so I didn't understand how that worked. I guess the customer saves money by tipping less? lol
Refund already received from Ls, so nothing lost there.

I too didn't like the concept of having to order before you sat down. This concept is okay for fast food, but I'm not crazy about it in a place like this. When we went, I felt pressured, especially if the line was long behind me. I'm okay doing it at Mojo's and Jason's, but even there it usually takes me a little time to stand back and figure out what I want. At least in both those places mentioned there's room to do that, at Brioso's you walked in
the door and bam, there was the order desk. It wasn't a place I'd have gone to without the coupon, so ciao Brioso's. No love lost here.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 AM

121 posts, read 244,876 times
Had told several of my friends about the place, and we were regulars. Will be sorry that it's gone, will miss my salad and wine there. On the other hand...I tended to order the same things over and over because I felt like I took too much time ordering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area