Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,843,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
oh heres an interesting question regarding parking spots, does anyone else park in those parents of children only spots when they go to ingles? my personal feeling is ppl shouldn't get special privileges because they popped out babies, am I the only one that feels this way?
After reading the above quote
I am starting to think that there two Yetties in the up state
the plural of yeti would be yeti, or yetis. but what does that comment mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelcat View Post
I hope you are the only one that feels that way. I never paid much attention until I HAD a baby. At 20 lbs, she's a fifth of my weight. Trying to get her out of her car seat and then carry her into the store while juggling my purse and reusable shopping bags is a challenge. Especially in the rain. I can't imagine if I had more than one child and was trying to wrangle the baby while keeping tabs on a toddler. So, yes, I believe these spaces are nice and I greatly appreciate them. When I don't have the baby, I park far away from the store and walk for the exercise value. I try to enjoy the fact that I'm in good enough health to do so, rather than being ticked off that I can't park right next to the door.
I'm not saying it isn't tough, but handicapped ppl don't choose to be handicapped, they have a disability so they physically need to be closer. You do not. Having a child is a choice.

Edit: I read my post above and it seemed harsh, I just want to clarify I don't mean any disrespect, its just an opinion.

Last edited by NoodlesKnowles; 02-07-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
I often find it annoying when someone thinks their car is so valuable that they must take up two parking spots.

I know a guy at work who has a junky car. He finds enjoyment in parking as close to one of those "double parked" cars as he can.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Unattended carts and customer irresponsibilites are why I and supermarkets support renting shopping carts to shop.

As for parking, do not park in a handicap spot if you are not handicapped or do not have a placard. Do not park in the fire lane if you are not driving a fire apparatus or other emergency vehicle.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 AM

11 posts, read 17,705 times
I think, in general, people just no longer think of others and are too focused on themselves. I admit to being guilty of this on more than just a few occasions. Think what a difference it would make if, we would all take our own folding carts to go shopping, or if we took the time to push the store cart back into the store once we were done shopping. The store wouldn't have to hire those extra employees to round up shopping carts, thereby saving the company big $$$ which they would hopefully return to us in the form of lower prices. . .

Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLCDG View Post
I think, in general, people just no longer think of others and are too focused on themselves. I admit to being guilty of this on more than just a few occasions. Think what a difference it would make if, we would all take our own folding carts to go shopping, or if we took the time to push the store cart back into the store once we were done shopping. The store wouldn't have to hire those extra employees to round up shopping carts, thereby saving the company big $$$ which they would hopefully return to us in the form of lower prices. . .
Have you ever shopped at Aldi? That is their model. You give a quarter to use a cart, then receive your quarter back after returning the cart. No baggers. No cart chasers. Lower prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area