Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 PM

8 posts, read 14,894 times

Advertisements

We sold home, moving to Greenville area very soon.
I have looked & looked at homes, areas, subdivisions cities & towns until I am bleary eyed and more confused than ever!
I thought the Northcliff subdivision Greenville-Travelers Rest was a good fit as it is close to Swamp Rabbit Trail --, quiet (er), less traffic, I perceive it to be nice area. Partridge Ridge also.
BUT: It is 30 minutes plus to Spartanburg where family lives. AND was told a bit more driving to shop, etc. which as I state below, is his main concern.

Main Consideration: I am the principal driver as my husband is visually impaired. Hubby concerned about me having to drive hither dither and yon to get to shopping, Drs. vet, dog groomer, etc. You get the idea. Where we lived we were no more than 10 miles ( give or take) from major shopping, our Drs. the vet and even the dog groomer.
And: I just turned 70 and he is concerned what happens when I get older.
Sorry to add all that, but it is relevant to my questions

Using COSTCO/ Sam’s Club, Downtown Greenville, and/or other shopping centers as a point of reference, and maybe throw in the SRT and Herdklotz park for good measure, where would you suggest we look and why?

Schools obviously are not a consideration, but I also feel the better areas/subdivisions generally go hand in hand with the better schools.
$250,000 max give or take price range for a home (but at that price I would like my own pool-another whole topic to cover!)

What City: If you have the zip codes that would be helpful.
What Area:
What Subdivision:
Where would YOU move to ( or are you already there?) and why
WHY do you think that would work for us?
Please ask me any relevant questions, I will do my best to answer.
Thanks!
TEXASLADY.... Soon to become a SC-Lady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 06:59 PM

462 posts, read 968,751 times
I would suggest Pebble Creek/Links subdivisions in that price range. Well maintained homes & yards and close to Taylors, Greer, Greenville for all shopping stores you can think of. (29687 is the zip code.) Also the Hudson Rd. area (29615) has several subdivisions and nice homes also close to shopping, hospitals and grocery stores but Hudson is a heavily traveled road.

We currently live off of Hudson rd. & love how close everything is. However, we just bought a house in Pebble Creek. I have looked at so many houses and subdivisons but these are 2 of the better areas to live in my opinion.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 PM

8 posts, read 14,894 times
Thank you Thank you! "Coffeeaholic" (by the way I am one also).
I will give them a look-see, have not heard of any of those areas.
What are the HOA fees? Just Googled Pebble Creek, Is the golf course part of the HOA fees or is it separate? ( we are not golfers).
TEXASLADY

Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 AM

807 posts, read 1,785,078 times
I sent you a private message of someone who can help you with all these questions. He can alleviate a lot of your stress.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM

462 posts, read 968,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaslady View Post
Thank you Thank you! "Coffeeaholic" (by the way I am one also).
I will give them a look-see, have not heard of any of those areas.
What are the HOA fees? Just Googled Pebble Creek, Is the golf course part of the HOA fees or is it separate? ( we are not golfers).
TEXASLADY
The golf course is not part of the HOA fees. The fees are $200 year. We are not golfers either but it has a great view and is was too good to pass up. You can call Angie Knight at Community First Real Estate and she can make it easy for you. She is awesome.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,078 times
Sorry for the delay! Busy day. In the upper right corner it says direct message. Click on that & you should get your message. Any questions, just click on my name & go to my about me page. My info is public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area