Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 3,515 times

Advertisements

yes i,m looking for work since my skills are limit. spent 22 years in army. i think i can do retail work. security guard work. have done janitor work. if you have a suggest for who is hiring. would love to here from you. been out of work 2 years. so will do about anything. JUST NEED WORK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:48 PM

423 posts, read 903,413 times
St Francis has Housekeeping positions available. You have to pass a drug test and criminal background check. The work is not easy but the benefits are good. Go to stfrancishealth.org and click on search for a job and select South Carolina as the location. The job category is support services. All applicants are required to apply online.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM

827 posts, read 1,677,296 times
Advantage Building and Security Services - Services You Can Trust. | Page 1 Advantage Building and Security [ my old boss]. Craig Smith is the guy you need to talk to. They do Armed and Unarmed Security, Landscaping, as well as Custodial Care. Tell him Reed sent you

Old 02-20-2012, 06:10 AM

154 posts, read 625,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Advantage Building and Security Services - Services You Can Trust. | Page 1 Advantage Building and Security [ my old boss]. Craig Smith is the guy you need to talk to. They do Armed and Unarmed Security, Landscaping, as well as Custodial Care. Tell him Reed sent you
That's awesome! So few people are willing to put themselves out there anymore...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM

241 posts, read 795,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
All applicants are required to apply online.
Somewhat unrelated vent (We are not in the Greenville area, by the way, but are moving there soon)... anyone besides myself wondering if people ever talk to people anymore? My son has probably "applied online" over 50 times in the last year, not even one hit. He has often gone to a company who is hiring, only to be told, 'sorry, you have to apply online' Like it's just not right anymore to actually hit the pavement looking for a job. These are not 'professional, career oriented jobs', he's young and only had a couple of part-time jobs, so I know that more experienced people apply, but I bet he'd get a job if someone could take the time to actually speak to him. .

Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM

6,900 posts, read 22,592,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraydnerv View Post
Somewhat unrelated vent (We are not in the Greenville area, by the way, but are moving there soon)... anyone besides myself wondering if people ever talk to people anymore? My son has probably "applied online" over 50 times in the last year, not even one hit. He has often gone to a company who is hiring, only to be told, 'sorry, you have to apply online' Like it's just not right anymore to actually hit the pavement looking for a job. These are not 'professional, career oriented jobs', he's young and only had a couple of part-time jobs, so I know that more experienced people apply, but I bet he'd get a job if someone could take the time to actually speak to him. .
Its as if no one wants to be bothered to look at applicants these days. I've sent my resume to hundreds of opportunities never to hear anything besides a "canned" message acknowledging my submission. The hiring process is in serious trouble these days.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 PM

423 posts, read 903,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Its as if no one wants to be bothered to look at applicants these days. I've sent my resume to hundreds of opportunities never to hear anything besides a "canned" message acknowledging my submission. The hiring process is in serious trouble these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraydnerv View Post
The requirement to apply online is due to the sheer volume of applicants and time management. An outside company uses a program that only forwards applications for qualified applicants to the hiring manager for the position in question. The local HR department is not involved in the application and hiring process at all. Even with the outside screening of applicants there are literally hundreds of applications in a given week for every position still sent to the managers. It's a very time consuming process. In a large company the days of interviewing and being offered a job the same day are over. After the candidate is selected there are background checks and employment verifications that may take an additional month. Usually it's 8-12 weeks between the application acceptance until the person actually starts working.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM

241 posts, read 795,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
The requirement to apply online is due to the sheer volume of applicants and time management. An outside company uses a program that only forwards applications for qualified applicants to the hiring manager for the position in question. The local HR department is not involved in the application and hiring process at all. Even with the outside screening of applicants there are literally hundreds of applications in a given week for every position still sent to the managers. It's a very time consuming process. In a large company the days of interviewing and being offered a job the same day are over. After the candidate is selected there are background checks and employment verifications that may take an additional month. Usually it's 8-12 weeks between the application acceptance until the person actually starts working.
Well I still think it's becoming absurd. My son can't even apply for pizza delivery job at the store where there is a sign saying "now hiring". He goes in, and they just say do it online. Same with ads on Craig's list. Companies will put their info in the ad, but they don't want anybody to actually show up in person, heaven forbid! We are not talking about high level career positions here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area