Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times

Advertisements

Sorely needed and great to see in my opinion: The Easley Progress - City announces beautification plan

It will be very much like the advertised landscaped islands you see in Spartanburg. Wish more cities would this as it not only beautifies corridors but helps save taxpayers dollars also. A win-win in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,541,304 times
True good sir and LOVE to see it, but I just hope it doesn't end up watered-down like it seems Mauldin's streetscaping program is becoming.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
True good sir and LOVE to see it, but I just hope it doesn't end up watered-down like it seems Mauldin's streetscaping program is becoming.
Agreed and I will say that Mauldin and Simpsonville need to get on the ball like Travelers Rest did. Still can't believe anybody can call what Simpsonville did to their downtown area an "improvement" project. What exactly did they improve? Doesn't look like they did anything.

Oh and I did notice this from Mauldin so maybe things are starting to look up for that city just as long as they approve it: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...-385-entrances

As work continues to expand Interstate 385 through the Golden Strip, the city of Mauldin is making plans to spend more than a half-million dollars in federal and city funds to add extensive landscaping along two interchanges that serve as entranceways into the city.

City Council has perused conceptual plans that show dozens of trees and hundreds of shrubs and plants that would line the sides of I-385 at the Butler and Bridges roads interchanges, but the Finance Committee decided to delay voting on the plans for at least a month.

Councilman Larry Goodson said he wanted to take a longer look at the landscape plans because he was unsure that the city was getting its best bang for the buck with designs shown to the council. He said he thought the design might include lighting on the overpass to make a larger impact.

Eubanks told the Finance Committee the city would have some time to decide whether to move forward with the project before the committee voted to table it.

The design plan shown to the council included red bud, crepe myrtle and magnolia trees surrounded by holly, forsythia, juniper and loropetalum mixed with daylilies and daffodils. Landscaping would fill the northbound and southbound sides of the interchanges and may also include planted grass and irrigation.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Agreed and I will say that Mauldin and Simpsonville need to get on the ball like Travelers Rest did. Still can't believe they call what Simpsonville did to their downtown an "improvement" project. What exactly did they improve?
Something like Greenville's East North Street? Nothing. I like to see investments in projects that improve and stimulate something capitalistic.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 PM

282 posts, read 750,782 times
g-Man, I am very excited to hear the good news. Thanks so much for sharing!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri Sanders View Post
g-Man, I am very excited to hear the good news. Thanks so much for sharing!
ditto

Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sorely needed and great to see in my opinion: The Easley Progress - City announces beautification plan

It will be very much like the advertised landscaped islands you see in Spartanburg. Wish more cities would this as it not only beautifies corridors but helps save taxpayers dollars also. A win-win in my book.
Yeahhh for us!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM

Good article here: Mayor Presents a Positive Outlook in the State of the City - Easley, SC Patch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area