Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 860 times

Advertisements

I agree with all of you on the marijuana subject it should be legalized in SC I'm not saying that those who abuse this privilege should not be punished but it would definitely boost the economy and it would keep drug war down and allow cops to focus on the real problems such as unsolved rapes unsolved murders and unsolved etc... and I don't understand why they have so much say on what we do with our bodies. I'm currently stationed in in a state where marijuana is legal and the rapid growth economy is awesome, but I was born and raised in South Carolina I am currently in the medical discharge process and I'm tired of taking up to 30 pills a day for chronic back pain high blood pressure as well as a few more other medical conditions that I am required to take daily to keep them controlled then the combo of pills may not sit well with my stomach and they come up I need a more natural remedy instead of 30+ pills a day but thats not all the taxes would create jobs, more lmoney.to fix roads and free up jail cells for actual criminals during my life in SC before stationed I was pulled over several times and had marijuana on me guess what cops.said [we have to confiscate the pot, no arrest as.long as we.keep it confined to using it at home.and not in public we dont care] in so many words.thats what I was told and I was puled over in Summerville Mt pleasant and west Ashley west Ashley Charleston is.where.I am from so yea it should be legal I am quoting another post but its freakin 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 12:54 PM

475 posts, read 900,822 times
With the government involved I doubt the economy will benefit much by legalization. It's been a favored selling point in the argument from the beginning and obviously it's working but other than that...

Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,449,751 times
I think it should be decriminalized, but not legalized. Many chronic pot users do have issues surrounding their addiction, from the pot itself to why they need to smoke it so much.

That said, it's harmless enough to where I believe user amounts should be legalized. It would cut down on courts, LE, and imprisonment costs, which quite frankly make the whole drug war a revenue stream and job creator for the government, anyway.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
I think it should be decriminalized, but not legalized. Many chronic pot users do have issues surrounding their addiction, from the pot itself to why they need to smoke it so much.

That said, it's harmless enough to where I believe user amounts should be legalized. It would cut down on courts, LE, and imprisonment costs, which quite frankly make the whole drug war a revenue stream and job creator for the government, anyway.
During the Moonlight Movie series at Peace Center Amphitheater, it seems to be legal.

On multiple occasions at Moonlight Movies, the smell has definitely wafted through the air. Police are around as well but stay hands off from what I have seen. That's the way it should be.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 695 times
Hi I'm from Greenville and I'm pro legalization but I feel that most of the law maker's in south Carolina are so closed minded that they would rather attempt to secede from the rest of the U.S before they would legalize marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area