Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 5,735 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to the area in August and I need recommendations for an apartment. We are open to NE/NW Greenville or Taylors. These are the things we are looking for:
  • SAFE, clean and relatively quiet
  • 2 bedrooms
  • 1 or 2 bathrooms
  • $800 or under per month (we work for a "Preferred Employer")
  • 1000+ sq feet
  • Washer/Dryer in unit (or connections for them)
  • Near sidewalks (to walk to parks/playgrounds/shopping) or bus stops
We looked at The Chimney's (while we were visiting Taylors) and liked them, but they were very small (I think we would have had to get the 3 bedroom to fit our sq footage qualification).

Any ideas/experiences/information would be great!

Also...what are the negatives to renting a house over an apt in Greenville?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Sidewalks are very rare here. Some subdivisions have them but not many. I don't think there is much negativity renting a house vs. apartment except that in a house you might have problem getting repairs made but that can be said for an apartment too, but apartment managers are probably better equipped to handle repairs. In an apartment you have to put up with at least one other family sharing at least 1 wall which means you may hear or even smell everything they are doing. Sometimes houses don't come with appliances, refrig, stove, etc. but most apartments have both.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:56 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,526,967 times
I'll suggest the same apt. complex I always do ... it's the only one I've lived in in more than 25 years.

When we first moved here in 2008, we lived at Thornblade Park Apts for 8 months until we bought our home. At the time, they were well-maintained, very quiet, nice neighbors, good amenities, and very convenient to shopping, etc. We had a 2 BR, 2BA ... it was 1,150 s.f. According to their web site the 2 BR units start at $854. We also had washer/dryer hook-ups in the apt. Safety was not an issue; the complex is gated.

The location is off The Parkway between Pelham and S. Batesvile Rds, near I-85. The actual address is Greer, but it's really Eastside Greenville

Good luck with your move.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 AM

55 posts, read 168,094 times
Since you are open to that area - right behind The Chimneys are The Polos at Hudson Corner. Not sure if you checked them out but they have 1-3 bedrooms. It's under 800 and there are washer/dryers in unit. I 've been there almost a year and a half with no major problems. Not sure about the sq footage but they have a website and a facebook page. Staff is really nice and helpful so I'm sure they'd be willing to provide you more information as well.

There is a grocery store and small shopping center across the street but to get to real shopping centers, you'll have about a 10 minute drive...which is not to shabby in my opinion. And as mentioned above, sidewalks here are kind of rare, unless maybe you live directly in the downtown area.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 AM

73 posts, read 121,882 times
I don't have a recommendation, but a warning. I would stay away from Magnolia Run apartments. I lived there for over a year, and we had a cockroach problem for the entire time I was there, and they did not do anything to resolve it. They also simply painted over water damage caused by my upstairs neighbor leaving the washer spigot on when they moved out - no Kilz or anything. I spent the whole time on allergy meds from the mold.

Stay away!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 AM

557 posts, read 864,477 times
Preserve at Woods Lake Apartment Rentals Have lived here two years now and my family and I enjoy it.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 AM

4 posts, read 5,735 times
Default Thanks!

Sorry this is so late, but thank you for the recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area