Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 PM

14 posts, read 78,629 times

Advertisements

Hello all My husband just landed a job near Greenville and we are so excited to be moving! I was hoping that you could all help us find the best place to raise our children. We have 4 children ages 14, 6, 13, and 3. We are looking for a safe neighborhood with great schools. I would also like to have a lot of things to do nearby. Our children are also into sports, gymnastics and dance so we are looking for programs that offer those at a relativly low rate (like a really great YMCA or community programs or something). We love the outdoors, so we would like to live somewhere where we can ride our bikes around the nieghborhood. Basically, I am looking for a safe place with great schools with stores nearby and lots to do Thank you soooooooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:03 AM

344 posts, read 816,755 times
Check out Riverside schools. The zip code for that area would be 29650. They are generally regarded as the best in Greenville County. The Eastside Y is nearby, as are soccer clubs, gymnastics, and good shopping. Two good, established neighborhoods are Sugar Creek and Sugar Mill. Sugar Creek has swimming, tennis, organized fun runs, etc. There are also newer neighborhoods in that same area in various price ranges, depending on what you are looking for. Congrats on the new job and your upcoming move! The Greenville area is great place for families!

Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 AM

46 posts, read 78,986 times
I would recommend the powdersville/easley area. They have some great sports, gymnastics, and dance places as well as good schools. Anderson 1 schools are desired by many people. Wren and powdersville high.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM

130 posts, read 224,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1225 View Post
Hello all My husband just landed a job near Greenville and we are so excited to be moving! I was hoping that you could all help us find the best place to raise our children. We have 4 children ages 14, 6, 13, and 3. We are looking for a safe neighborhood with great schools. I would also like to have a lot of things to do nearby. Our children are also into sports, gymnastics and dance so we are looking for programs that offer those at a relativly low rate (like a really great YMCA or community programs or something). We love the outdoors, so we would like to live somewhere where we can ride our bikes around the nieghborhood. Basically, I am looking for a safe place with great schools with stores nearby and lots to do Thank you soooooooo much!
Look around the Cleveland Street McDaniel Area. You can walk downtown, Cleveland Park, and the Swamp Rabbit Trail.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,852,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgubers View Post
Look around the Cleveland Street McDaniel Area. You can walk downtown, Cleveland Park, and the Swamp Rabbit Trail.

when i saw urban in the header nothing about wren or riverside jumped out to me. my thought was to recommend something closer to the center city of greenville like cleveland or mcdaniel or augusta or north main st.

i assumed thats what she meant by urbanized. wren is rural and riverside is "suburbanized" not urbanized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area