Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM

15 posts, read 52,539 times

Advertisements

I am an avid flea market fan and am looking to see if anyone knows of any secret markets in SC. I am familiar with the US 1 and Barnyard markets in Lexington, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any others? I am willing to travel any where in South Carolina to find some new treasures. I am also looking for flea markets more like the US 1 market where the vendors don't try to hawk up the price of antiques. Thanks for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
I know about the one in Pickens and Anderson, wouldn't bother with the one on Whitehorse.

This may be helpful

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com...%20Markets.pdf

Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 AM

123 posts, read 437,405 times
Have you been to the Jockey Lot? That place is HUGE.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,091 times
Thanks for that link, Elde! I tried to rep you but evidently I've given you some points recently. The link was REALLY helpful!

Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Thanks for that link, Elde! I tried to rep you but evidently I've given you some points recently. The link was REALLY helpful!
Awww thanks for trying - appreciate the kudos! Always happy to (try and) help.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:17 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I know about the one in Pickens and Anderson, wouldn't bother with the one on Whitehorse.

This may be helpful

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com...%20Markets.pdf
Why wouldn't you bother with the one on Whitehorse?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 PM

140 posts, read 271,767 times
I'm also an avid bargain hunter who loves flea markets and Pickens is the best flea market (technically two markets side by side) in the area. It has a mix of new and old as well as produce, other food and plants. I go almost every Wednesday and it's about a 45 minute drive from my house in Greer. Sadly, the market has shurnk over the past couple of years, but it's still big and much better IMHO than Anderson and definitely better than the Barnyard on 101. You mentioned antiques and that's not something you will really find at the Barnyard. Tab's in Greer & Whitehorse road are both pretty trashy.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers1987 View Post
I'm also an avid bargain hunter who loves flea markets and Pickens is the best flea market (technically two markets side by side) in the area. It has a mix of new and old as well as produce, other food and plants. I go almost every Wednesday and it's about a 45 minute drive from my house in Greer. Sadly, the market has shurnk over the past couple of years, but it's still big and much better IMHO than Anderson and definitely better than the Barnyard on 101. You mentioned antiques and that's not something you will really find at the Barnyard. Tab's in Greer & Whitehorse road are both pretty trashy.
I'm waiting for it to get a little cooler and head over there - haven't been in a long time.

TABS - that place should be shut down - that's NOT a flea market - more like a crap market. It's totally pathetic.

Have you ever gone to the largest FM in Georgia? I haven't but may go one day when we venture in to ATL for a visit:

Pendergrass Flea Market | Home

Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM

15 posts, read 52,539 times
Thanks so much for the ideas! What makes it trashy? In my opinion, the flea market I like here is trashy because they sell a lot of junk. The Barnyard market is too upscale and overpriced. Is that what you mean?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmae22 View Post
Thanks so much for the ideas! What makes it trashy? In my opinion, the flea market I like here is trashy because they sell a lot of junk. The Barnyard market is too upscale and overpriced. Is that what you mean?

No, not at all. It's small, there's nobody there, selling or buying, and I wouldn't ever waste my time going there. Trust me on this one. It's not that they sell junk, junk can be fun, this is basically garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area