Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:59 AM

13 posts, read 16,590 times

Advertisements

Looked up the covenants on Standing Springs Subdivision Sec. 2, (this is the land located on the Northwest side of West Georgia Road between Hammond Road and McCall Road) Greenville ROD Deed Book 922 Pages 61 – 63 dated 31 July 1971. Virtually the same restrictions apply to this area as between Hammond Road and Food Lion except that these covenants were modified on 16 April 1973, Greenville ROD Deed Book 973 Pages 751 & 752, by all of the (Lot) land owners to allow re-cutting of lots into smaller lots, use of concrete blocks, and the keeping of livestock.

From what I read, it looks like there can’t be any commercial activity going up on Georgia Road between McCall Road and Food Lion, on that side of the road, until at least January 1, 2019, and then only if a majority of the (Lot) land owners vote to do so. If there is not a majority vote to change the covenants at that time then the covenants would be automatically extended for another 10 years. During that time it would take a unanimous vote of the (Lot) land owners to change the covenants before the end of that 10 year extension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:38 AM

Default I Was Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyOwned65+Years View Post
Looked up the covenants on Standing Springs Subdivision Sec. 2, (this is the land located on the Northwest side of West Georgia Road between Hammond Road and McCall Road) Greenville ROD Deed Book 922 Pages 61 – 63 dated 31 July 1971. Virtually the same restrictions apply to this area as between Hammond Road and Food Lion except that these covenants were modified on 16 April 1973, Greenville ROD Deed Book 973 Pages 751 & 752, by all of the (Lot) land owners to allow re-cutting of lots into smaller lots, use of concrete blocks, and the keeping of livestock.

From what I read, it looks like there can’t be any commercial activity going up on Georgia Road between McCall Road and Food Lion, on that side of the road, until at least January 1, 2019, and then only if a majority of the (Lot) land owners vote to do so. If there is not a majority vote to change the covenants at that time then the covenants would be automatically extended for another 10 years. During that time it would take a unanimous vote of the (Lot) land owners to change the covenants before the end of that 10 year extension.
Noticed some work going on, and the for sale sign removed at 1108 W Georgia Rd., did some more checking.
I was wrong about the covenants on the land between McCall Rd. and Hammond Rd. All of the covenants were canceled on this land on 7/7/2008. See Deed Book 2330 Page 2360.
Anyone know if this land has been sold, and, or what is happening?

Old 02-21-2017, 04:49 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Looks like those storage units are not going to be built. There were at least 2 proposed on W. Georgia Rd., nothing appears to be happening with that.

Not that I wanted them there in the first place. The one one at Fork Shoals possibly, but not near Food Lion.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:52 PM

143 posts, read 218,159 times
Quote:
Noticed some work going on, and the for sale sign removed at 1108 W Georgia Rd., did some more checking.
I was wrong about the covenants on the land between McCall Rd. and Hammond Rd. All of the covenants were canceled on this land on 7/7/2008. See Deed Book 2330 Page 2360.
Anyone know if this land has been sold, and, or what is happening?
Not listed as sold on county site. Not on Loop Net or Realtor.com. Those properties pationed out of the covenant when they came into the city as commercial.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:10 AM

34 posts, read 64,115 times
Default 385 and SE Corner of Georgia Rd?

I noticed they are clearing land on Georgia Rd. just SE of 385. Anyone here anything about what is going on there?

Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw1976 View Post
I noticed they are clearing land on Georgia Rd. just SE of 385. Anyone here anything about what is going on there?
I think that is NE of 385, it is right beside of the intersection between the two stop lights on the Simpsonville side of the bridge. Have no idea what they are going to do with that land.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Ingle's Markets owns the site as it was the first location of Ingle's #41. The site could be a new Ingle's supermarket. Most residences in the trade area would be west of Interstate 385. The location would be practical if Ingle's opened two stores here and at the Fork Shoals Road intersection.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Ingle's Markets owns the site as it was the first location of Ingle's #41. The site could be a new Ingle's supermarket. Most residences in the trade area would be west of Interstate 385. The location would be practical if Ingle's opened two stores here and at the Fork Shoals Road intersection.
Hi Carolina, I think where they are talking about is across W Georgia from the old Ingles site on the south side of the road. It is NE on W Georgia Road from the intersection of 385, but on the south side of the road, if that makes any sense.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:17 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
You stated:

Quote:
I think that is NE of 385, it is right beside of the intersection between the two stop lights on the Simpsonville side of the bridge. Have no idea what they are going to do with that land.
The northeast quadrant of West Georgia Road and Interstate 385 is the site that was once Ingle's #41.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,326,381 times
It's across from the old Ingles site. Land was owned by scdot. I'm curious too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area