Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 03:18 PM

143 posts, read 218,099 times

Advertisements

The thing is that the zoning was already in place for this type business and has been for over 5 years. Highest and Best use for this property is exactly what is being planned for it. I am not a big Wally World fan but this store will meet a need for that area. There is also a drive from the medical center to this development so you don't have to get back on Georgia Rd to get your prescription filled.
If someone is going to be worried about congestion the 2 new developments in that area with approximately 200 homes would be the cause for concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 03:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
I am not concerned with West Georgia Road's congestion. It has gradually increased over the years. It appears to be picking up in growth quickly.

In regard to West Georgia Road itself, it does need to be widened to four lanes with a turn lane, bicylcle lanes and landscaped medians gladly accepted, from Interstate 385 west to Fork Shoals Road, and eventually out to Augusta Road (United States Route 25).

As far as retail, I do not see Walmart Neighborhood Market being the only new supermarket coming to the West Georgia Road trade area. Harris Teeter, Ingle's and Publix are actively building and opening stores. I can see supermarkets at Fork Shoals Road and the land adjacent to CVS in the future.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:20 PM

143 posts, read 218,099 times
Someone else wanting bicycle lanes. When bicycles are taxed as cars and those funds can be allocated to support the recreation, yes, not before.
Land along West Georgia is going for $50K - $250K per acre. Think how much land you would need to acquire for 4 lanes, a median and those bike lanes nobody uses.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandBroker48 View Post
The thing is that the zoning was already in place for this type business and has been for over 5 years. Highest and Best use for this property is exactly what is being planned for it. I am not a big Wally World fan but this store will meet a need for that area. There is also a drive from the medical center to this development so you don't have to get back on Georgia Rd to get your prescription filled.
If someone is going to be worried about congestion the 2 new developments in that area with approximately 200 homes would be the cause for concern.
Good Points LandBroker and thanks for the info, I wonder why they don't use all the land behind and next to the CVS on W. Georgia? That land seems to be prepared for a strip shopping center.

The location they have picked though, is a bit shorter drive from my house though. Again, not a big fan of WM either, but it will be convenient.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Good Points LandBroker and thanks for the info, I wonder why they don't use all the land behind and next to the CVS on W. Georgia? That land seems to be prepared for a strip shopping center.
I recall making this post back on 2 August 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have been reviewing CRBE's property listing for West Georiga Road commercial land between Blakely Road and Neely Ferry Road.

Site plan:

First, a future city park is planned with direct access from Blakely Road.

Second, Spinx owns a parcel at the site's main entrance across from Cheyenne Drive. I do not know if Spinx intends to open a store here in the near future. Spinx #173 (1218 West Georgia Road, Simpsonville, SC 29680-6335) is located a few miles west at East Standing Springs Road and Stenhouse Road.

Parcel 6, spanning 26 acres, is the largest parcel aimed for retail. This would be an ideal site for a supermarket.

Parcel 9, spanning 33 acres, is targeted for residential development.

Parcels 2, 3 and 5 along West Georgia Road are outparcels that will see likely uses as freestanding restaurants, banks or typical neighborhood commercial development.

Parcel 7, accessible from Blakely Road, is aimed for office use, likely professional practices and offices.

Further reading:
"West Georgia Road - Commercial Land." CRBE. Retrieved 2014-08-03. <http://www.crelisting.net/MfJ4QDw3g>
Note the building at the northern corner of Blakely Road and Grandview Drive? That is Kroger's southeastern floral distribution center.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I recall making this post back on 2 August 2014:

Note the building at the northern corner of Blakely Road and Grandview Drive? That is Kroger's southeastern floral distribution center.
You have good forward vision CK. Maybe we'll see something happening there in the next few years. With WM coming in down the road, other retailers will be taking a stronger look at this area.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Let me expand on these parcels in question:

401 Neely Ferry Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29680-6233
Greenville County, South Carolina - Property Report: PIN/Tax Map #0574020101100
Owner: Givens Investors LLC
Acreage: 53.384

Neely Ferry Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Greenville County, South Carolina - Property Report: PIN/Tax Map #0305000100403
Owener: Givens Investors LLC
Acreage: 22.42

720 West Georiga Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29680-6212
Greenville County, South Carolina - Property Report: PIN/Tax Map #0574020101103
Owner: Enigma Corporation
Acreage: 1.66
Enigma Corporation is Spinx's real estate operation. The parcel's legal name is "Parcel 4," and is planned as a future Spinx store.

West Georgia Road
Greenville County, South Carolina - Property Report: PIN/Tax Map #0574020103800
Owner: City of Simpsonville, South Carolina
Acreage: 0.67

Old 02-26-2015, 09:29 PM

34 posts, read 64,084 times
Any word on timing for Walmart to get started?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:04 AM

Default Walmart Neighborhood Market on West Georgia Road

I have not heard any new updates regarding Walmart Neighborhood Market on West Georgia Road at Stenhouse Road. The process to construct and open a new store takes four to six months. If construction convenes, the store should go up quickly.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:14 AM

The new animal hospital is coming along quickly. The framing has just been completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area