Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM

609 posts, read 1,622,036 times

Advertisements

Sooo Upstaters!

Lets talk Sports! I know some other Death Valley fans are on the boards. Lets talk about this coming game between Clemson #10 and Florida State #4..

Clemson was kicking butt and taking names without a key player..... However he's back and you see how they mopped up the field with Furman [ sorry for you FU alumni ] Lol.......

Who's your Money on? CLemson or Florida?

I think Clemson is going to do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM

65 posts, read 117,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
Sooo Upstaters!

Lets talk Sports! I know some other Death Valley fans are on the boards. Lets talk about this coming game between Clemson #10 and Florida State #4..

Clemson was kicking butt and taking names without a key player..... However he's back and you see how they mopped up the field with Furman [ sorry for you FU alumni ] Lol.......

Who's your Money on? CLemson or Florida?

I think Clemson is going to do it!
I'm a die-hard Clemson fan, but I don't think Clemson's defense can stop Florida State. The defense has struggled in every game so far this season. Though they fixed some mistakes in the 2nd half against Furman, I think they'll have a hard time stopping FSU. The secondary has allowed too many passes and the line hasn't put enough pressure on quarterbacks. Clemson's offense may put up quite a few points if Tajh keeps his head in the game and the offensive line protects him, but I don't know if it'll be enough to match FSU.

I sure hope I'm wrong, though. Maybe the defense will play 4 amazing quarters on Saturday night.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 13,166 times
Go Tigers!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 PM

36 posts, read 94,554 times
Clemson gave up 738 yards combined to Furman and Ball State. Is their defense good enough to shut down FSU offense? No. West Virginia put up 70 on this defense.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM

4,614 posts, read 6,056,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykalot View Post
Clemson gave up 738 yards combined to Furman and Ball State. Is their defense good enough to shut down FSU offense? No. West Virginia put up 70 on this defense.
WV was last season. Clemson has a new defensive coor. this year.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:18 PM

5,596 posts, read 15,407,948 times
Their Jekyll/Hyde D from last season will need to either improve drastically or find a way to perform like they did against VT. This could be an interesting matchup, but FSU's D is exceptionally good this year. Protect Boyd, open holes for Ellington, and don't miss the one-on-one matchups down-field. I hope for a shootout and better special teams execution.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,477,390 times
I was shocked to see that Florida State is favored by 13 points. FSU is ranked #4, is playing at home, and seems to be a better team this year than in recent years. I understand why they are favored. But Clemson is no slouch! I could understand Clemson being 3-4 point underdogs, but 13?!? Come on.

Clemson has beaten FSU 6 of the last 9 years, is the defending ACC champion, and is ranked in the top 10. Plus, FSU seems to be ranked in the top 10-15 at the start of every football season, only to underachieve. Why should it be any different this year? They are still getting credit for their glory days in the 90s and early 00s.

This is a matchup of strength vs. strength: FSU's defense vs. Clemson's offense. As good as FSU's defense looks on paper, they haven't played any decent teams yet this year. This is basically the same defense they had last year, and Clemson had no trouble scoring on it a year ago. I don't think they can stop Clemson very well this year, either. My only concern is whether or not Clemson's defense is good enough to stop FSU's offense. I think it will be good enough.

My prediction: Clemson 38, FSU 30.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:54 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,565,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
WV was last season. Clemson has a new defensive coor. this year.
But that's not an immediate cure-all - it takes time to work with a team. But I sure HOPE Clemson wins! Should at least be a good game to watch.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM

11,712 posts, read 24,843,324 times
Clemson won last year. Don't see any reason why they couldn't this year. USC vs. Stanford from this past weekend is ringing a bell.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:31 AM

36 posts, read 94,554 times
Clemson won last year 35-30. FSU played the back-up QB because Manuel was injured. Back-up QB threw for 350 yards. Clemson averages 26 points a game on the road and defense gives up 30 points a game on the road. FSU 42 Clemson 24
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area