Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 27,212 times

Advertisements

Well, we just spent our first 7 days in Greenville and had a wonderful time. What a beautiful city! We browsed Main Street, walked around the parks, enjoyed the Downtown Festival last weekend, drove up to Caesar's Head State Park - what a view, looked at real estate, and many of the small towns surrounding Greenville, and the photos on the forum hardly do it justice. The weather was beautiful, the people were sooooo friendly, and happy to talk about their fair city. If we can sell our condo in Florida we hope to join "you'all" (is that how it's spelled?). By the way we saw a property in Sugar Creek, and wonder if any of you have information about this condo property. Does it allow pets? How old are the buildings? The FSBO owner knew nothing about the property and was selling it for his wife. He was from Massachusetts. Thanks for letting me spout off. I was just so pleased with our first visit, after only visiting before on the net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 AM

14 posts, read 58,396 times
We would also like to move to greenville

What other towns did you like

where in Fl are you from

Old 10-19-2007, 01:27 PM

Default first visit

We are in Cape Coral, FL.

We enjoyed Simpsonville, Greer, Mauldin, but could not see much of Easley as there had been a traffic accident and everything was detoured.

We especially liked the eastside.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:13 PM

548 posts, read 1,981,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenwren View Post
Well, we just spent our first 7 days in Greenville and had a wonderful time. What a beautiful city! We browsed Main Street, walked around the parks, enjoyed the Downtown Festival last weekend, drove up to Caesar's Head State Park - what a view, looked at real estate, and many of the small towns surrounding Greenville, and the photos on the forum hardly do it justice. The weather was beautiful, the people were sooooo friendly, and happy to talk about their fair city. If we can sell our condo in Florida we hope to join "you'all" (is that how it's spelled?). By the way we saw a property in Sugar Creek, and wonder if any of you have information about this condo property. Does it allow pets? How old are the buildings? The FSBO owner knew nothing about the property and was selling it for his wife. He was from Massachusetts. Thanks for letting me spout off. I was just so pleased with our first visit, after only visiting before on the net.
ASFAIK pets are fine in those condo's (I assume you are talking about the Villa's GreenvilleOnline.com - Sugar Creek Villas a vibrant area) as I see often people walking them. The buildings are approximately 15-25 years old. It's a very nice area. I live in that area.

It's ya'all ;-)

Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 AM

5,596 posts, read 15,400,061 times
Jenwren, thank you for this report about your first-time visit to Greenville! It seems you agree with others who have agreed with my comment that my photos really can't do this city adequate justice in representation. Visiting Greenville is the best option available and is well worth the time and effort. Thanks again!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 AM

Smile first visit

Janrey: Thank you for the information. The Villas area is really very attractive. I'm glad they allow pets as I'm feeling very furry friend deprived in our condo in Fl. Thanks again.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Skyliner: It was your photos that first enticed my husband and I to visit Greenville and they describe the area beautifully, but even the best of photos can't describe the "feel" of the place. Greenville has a very special "feel." We're hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area