Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,324,870 times

Advertisements

Lots of movement and conflict at the local government level. Anyone have insights on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
Not much construction going on in Simpsonville right now either while every other nearby city from Easley to Greenville to Greer has lots getting built. Wonder why.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,138,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Not much construction going on in Simpsonville right now either while every other nearby city from Easley to Greenville to Greer has lots getting built. Wonder why.
Most of the other cities are playing catch up.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Lots of movement and conflict at the local government level. Anyone have insights on this?
Red, the residents of Simpsonville elected a new Mayor and several new council members last year. From what I saw in last months council meeting they are all trying to be in charge. I was going to tonights meeting but was told it will be a mad house. There is supposed to be an organized protest on the police chief's firing at 5:30 with the council meeting at 6:30. I will just wait and watch it on the news.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvidu View Post
Most of the other cities are playing catch up.
Agreed. Simpsonville's retail seen was already ahead as it did most of its growing within the last 2 decades.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Red, the residents of Simpsonville elected a new Mayor and several new council members last year. From what I saw in last months council meeting they are all trying to be in charge. I was going to tonights meeting but was told it will be a mad house. There is supposed to be an organized protest on the police chief's firing at 5:30 with the council meeting at 6:30. I will just wait and watch it on the news.
My goodness. We have to get things back in order. Seems like a domino effect started when Reece retired.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM

Not to mention the manufacturing. Good grief, Cryovac has been 1 block off of Main Street employing 1,200 people for decades. Long before BMW was ever heard of.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Not to mention the manufacturing. Good grief, Cryovac has been 1 block off of Main Street employing 1,200 people for decades. Long before BMW was ever heard of.
Agreed

Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
My goodness. We have to get things back in order. Seems like a domino effect started when Reece retired.
I agree. There was a lot of hate and discontent when the council did not hire the assistant chief who is now on suspension as well. Bad thing is they go into executive session (behind closed doors) to make these decisions. I really wish I had the time to go there tonight. It will be the best free entertainment in the Upstate.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,560 times
I have read a few news articles but can't really make heads or tails of what going on. First they fire the police chief and now they have suspended the assistant police chief and the fire chief.
But here are some articles in case anyone wants to read up.

Greenville News - Documents: Conflicts spurred Simpsonville police chief's firing

Simpsonville Patch - Simpsonville Fire Chief, Assistant Police Chief Suspended

Also looks like a lot of supporters of the fired police chief are showing up to the meeting tonight. Could make for a good show.

Simpsonville Patch - Angry Grounsell Allies Plan City Hall Rally

I have also heard through the grapevine that Chief Grounsell has some dirt on some members of the city council. Nothing to back that up, just what I have heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area