Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 PM

102 posts, read 311,108 times

Advertisements

I will be in the market for an apartment Summer of 2013. I'm really interested in the new complex (The Vinings at ICAR) being built on Laurens Rd, right outside of the ICAR entrance - it's set to open in June. I've looked over their floor plans/rates and the least expensive one they have listed was around 750 sq ft. for about $765 per month.

Is that competitive with other complexes or could I find something equally as nice, without the 'brand new' label, for less money? I know that there are plans to really make that whole ICaR area a very lucrative shopping/living/recreational location, so I'm also wondering if there is an added "premium" for that.

I don't have to live in the nicest complex, just somewhere safe and clean. I'd prefer to live in a complex that was built in the last 10 years or so.

Any insight would be awesome. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,029,126 times
[quote=OhHey!;27753448]I will be in the market for an apartment Summer of 2013. I'm really interested in the new complex (The Vinings at ICAR) being built on Laurens Rd, right outside of the ICAR entrance - it's set to open in June. I've looked over their floor plans/rates and the least expensive one they have listed was around 750 sq ft. for about $765 per month.

If you like that 1 Bdr floorplan at Vinings at ICAR:
I have to say the 1 Bdr floorplan that Easlan offers at Vinings communities is my favorite. Especially the one with the extra storage closet off the dining area and outside storage closet. Lots of storage was always high on my list in a 1BDR. The bathroom is large with a linen closet and kitchen as well with a pantry and lots of cabinet space. There is the Vinings at Roper Mountain and Vinings at Brookfield (now Bell Brookfield) on E Butler in Mauldin that are similar and a little older. They also have that floorplan across from Brookfield at the Arbors@ Brookfield. They were built in the 90s so may be a little less rate wise and kitchen more dated. I lived at several Easlan communities as well as others and always prefered 1st floor for the easy move in and I always felt it was more private because you had no one underneath that can hear you however you can hear people walking overhead occasionally.

There are a lot of new apartments coming online this summer so you may be able to get a little better rate or move in special like reduced deposit because they will be looking to lease out these communities. I would ask.
Good Luck!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:28 PM

128 posts, read 320,184 times
The better apartment complexes in Greenville will cost close to $800 a month for a one bedroom - especially if they are located on, or within walking distance, of the bus line. That was MY experience when I moved back here two years ago. And, unlike in larger cities, the credit requirements here are more stringent. They don't care if you have a great rental history, can afford the apartment, and have a spotless criminal background, etc. They only care about credit score, and if your credit score is below their cut-off (even because of medical bills), they will not rent to you. Period. Even if you have a credit-worthy cosigner/guarantor to back you up. So, be prepared for the possibility of being turned down here where you wouldn't be elsewhere. Different city, different rules.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM

169 posts, read 439,238 times
Check further down Lauren's rd into simpsonville (turns into Main Street/highway 14h), brookwood apartments. Very nice and in your price range. Across the street from GHS family YMCA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area