Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 PM

596 posts, read 937,891 times

Advertisements

I'm curious where Powdersville people work at, if you want to share your company name or location.

I've always been surprised at that school district being one of the best in the state considering it is so rural and not "convenient" to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM

145 posts, read 356,636 times
how is Powdersville not convenient to anything?? I can make it downtown from 153 in 10 minutes.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:08 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,950 times
Powdersville is very convenient to downtown Greenville, Haywood Mall, Woodruff Road, Easley, etc. What are you talking about? Have you ever been to Powdersville?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Powdersville is very convenient to downtown Greenville, Haywood Mall, Woodruff Road, Easley, etc. What are you talking about? Have you ever been to Powdersville?
yup I been there, seems like traffic has gotten bad on 153 in recent years.

powdersville isn't convenient as living near woodruff, Pelham, or Grandview. I eat out a lot so that is what I mean. obviously 10-15 minute drive is doable.

ppl in powdersville seem to have a lot of community pride even though it's not really a town, just a collection of rural neighborhoods. that's pretty cool

Old 02-04-2013, 05:22 PM

I was surprised to see the brookstone meadows area in Anderson is actually zoned for Wren schools rather than the north Anderson ones despite the Anderson ones being much closer.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
yup I been there, seems like traffic has gotten bad on 153 in recent years.

powdersville isn't convenient as living near woodruff, Pelham, or Grandview. I eat out a lot so that is what I mean. obviously 10-15 minute drive is doable.

ppl in powdersville seem to have a lot of community pride even though it's not really a town, just a collection of rural neighborhoods. that's pretty cool
Your original question was asking where people in Powdersville work, not where they eat. Being just 10 to 15 minutes from plenty of places to work is convenient. Heck, these good folks can get to work in downtown Greenville much faster than those that live off of Wooduff Road.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
Your original question was asking where people in Powdersville work, not where they eat. Being just 10 to 15 minutes from plenty of places to work is convenient. Heck, these good folks can get to work in downtown Greenville much faster than those that live off of Wooduff Road.
you don't appear to be in the powdersville area and I don't to hear from the peanut gallery.

I asked the question b/c the location of powdersville didn't seem like it would have one of the top schools in the state. Usually you can predict which areas of a metro will have the top school district. eastside and riverside being good school districts is easy to predict just given the proximity to the major employers in town.

i'm assuming powdersville has a lot of physicians living out there b/c of the easy commute to the two major hospitals plus they probably have some engineers who work out at Donaldson, but I don't know.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
My mom lives in Powdersville just off Highway 153 and works at Greenville Memorial Hospital. Takes only ten minutes or so to get there and five minutes to get to Easley where the new large shopping center is getting built.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM

I thought about buying a house in the Heathwood subdivision right behind that new shopping center back in 2007 before anything was out there. I wonder how that shopping center has affected the home prices in that subdivision, seems like it would have helped.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox35 View Post
you don't appear to be in the powdersville area and I don't to hear from the peanut gallery.

I asked the question b/c the location of powdersville didn't seem like it would have one of the top schools in the state. Usually you can predict which areas of a metro will have the top school district. eastside and riverside being good school districts is easy to predict just given the proximity to the major employers in town.

i'm assuming powdersville has a lot of physicians living out there b/c of the easy commute to the two major hospitals plus they probably have some engineers who work out at Donaldson, but I don't know.
I have family and friends that live there, so I know a lot about Powdersville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area