Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 PM

43 posts, read 110,447 times

Advertisements

What can you folks tell me about this area of Greenville? It appears to be an older area but, pleasant. How is it relative to crime, closeness to amenities. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 05:43 PM

548 posts, read 1,980,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoboy View Post
What can you folks tell me about this area of Greenville? It appears to be an older area but, pleasant. How is it relative to crime, closeness to amenities. Thanks!!
Nice area of homes, homes aren't cheap. Close to everything. Just down the road from the mall, close to 2 Publix and 3 Bi-Lo's. Quick hop from I385.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 AM

617 posts, read 2,573,538 times
It is an older area of town, but it's nice. I know a couple people who live in the area and like it. They don't have any problems with crime, or at least nothing big enough to talk about. It's very close to Wade Hampton Blvd which has all kinds of stuff...Walmart, grocery stores, restaurants, etc. It's probably a 5-10 minute drive to downtown depending on traffic.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 29,942 times
Hey posters... ya'll didn't mention the golf course....

Old 02-28-2008, 04:55 PM

4 posts, read 15,467 times
Botany Woods is mostly confined to Edwards Road....what is considered "true Botany Woods" that is. These highes are fairly nice... older, but mostly well kept... couple of unsavory apartment complexes towards the end of Edwards up near the intersection of 291. These have basically become low income housing for the hispanic population. The elementary school in this area is Lake Forest, which at first glance appears to be a nice school; however, my kids went there, we hated it and have now moved out of the district into one with schools that I'm much happier with.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 AM

617 posts, read 2,573,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jay_jones View Post
Hey posters... ya'll didn't mention the golf course....
Lol, oh yeah. There's a golf course...not much to it from what I've heard. I can't remember, is it 9 holes, or possibly less?

Old 02-29-2008, 01:18 PM

32 posts, read 157,120 times
The golf course isn't a huge winner but I suspect it will come back around...or they'll sell it off to a developer who can keep the charm of this old "trend setter and who' who neighborhood in the picture. I've noticed they have taken a suggestion of planing new landscaping...it was looking very tired. There's a renewal going on. These homes will always be wonderful family homes and good investments because of their location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area