Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 PM

609 posts, read 1,621,331 times

Advertisements

FOUR (4) YEARS FREE - High School Senior African American Males

Do you know any Black Males (who are Seniors in high school) who want to go to college for FREE. The black colleges are looking for future Black Male Teachers and will send them to Universities/Colleges FOUR (4) YEARS FREE; THIS IS FOR MALES ONLY.

1. Have parents fill out this application.

2. Read the Mission Statement. There are Ten (10) different South Carolina Colleges or Universities including:

Benedict College

Claflin University

Clemson University

Morris College

South Carolina State University

Greenville Technical College

Midlands Technical College

Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College

Trident Technical College

...... Hooray for Greenville Tech for stepping out and into this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,702 times
I'm very interested in South Carolina State University. I'm a black high school senior looking forward to college.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:43 PM

5,595 posts, read 15,398,420 times
Did I read you correctly that is only for males with black skin? Very selective (biased) criteria.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
Did I read you correctly that is only for males with black skin? Very selective (biased) criteria.
FWIW, it's not nearly as selective as several of the scholarships I had in college. They always seem to have qualifications such as: For females of Irish descent who have lived in the state of Ohio and who have one parent working in a govt. job and one parent who has been a member of the Irish Hospital League and a grandma who knows how to tap dance. Oh, and to get the scholarship you need to submit a 300-word essay on why every true American should join the Kiwanis Club, too.

I even remember doing things like joining a garden club and volunteering for a daffodill show just for a scholarship...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area