Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM

16 posts, read 21,673 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'd like to say Thanks for reading my post! We are a young family of 4 (HB,WF,& 2 Elementary Aged Kids) that is looking for area info as we dont know a whole bunch about the area yet other than we have family in other parts of SC that we'd like to be closer to but would love to live near the mountains, etc! Heres a little about our situation ..... I have been self employed for close to 7 years running my own residential moving service. Half of that in New York the other in Florida. Things have slowed down immensely and I've decided to close shop for good! So that being said I'm looking to start over! The Florida heat has never been our cup of tea and NY living is'nt for us anymore. We enjoy the laid back lifestyle but have always had a great liking for mountains! So we've decided one way or another to make Greenville our HOME. I have a degree in criminal justice and the wife works at home in sales. I'm applying for everything I find on indeed and careerbuilder. What were looking for is some area info on Good but affordable suburbs, School info, Economy info?? Our goal is to land work asap and look for a nice apartment complex where we can rent a 2 bedroom for under $1000 with a good public school nearby. We think thats the best option for us with moving to a whole other state. Well enough babling on any info would be awesome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM

477 posts, read 842,108 times
Find work before you move unless you have a good amount of savings.
For the rest, you'd need to be more specific. There are so many options around here.

Close to the mountains?
Close to lakes?
Close to downtown?
Close to shopping?
etc.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM

Yes we do have some savings to rely on for a bit. But we are actively applying and will move once we are sure of employment! We'd like to be close to the mountains but not horribly far from shopping, etc. We are not much into the downtown scene and our more of a family who enjoys outdoor adventures and family fun. I do appreciate the help! Thanks!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM

411 posts, read 854,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8JON85 View Post
Yes we do have some savings to rely on for a bit. But we are actively applying and will move once we are sure of employment! We'd like to be close to the mountains but not horribly far from shopping, etc. We are not much into the downtown scene and our more of a family who enjoys outdoor adventures and family fun. I do appreciate the help! Thanks!
Sounds like Travelers Rest may be a good fit for you. It's closer to the mountains without being far removed from conveniences. It's along the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The city is actively investing in their "downtown" and will be building a small amphitheater and performing arts center soon. A few small restaurants and shops have begun to open. Sunrift Adventures is there as well. They are a good sized outdoors outfitter. Personally, I've got my eye on them. I believe they are going to be the next "big" thing in the local towns in the area.

Finding a two bedroom under $1000 shouldn't be that difficult. Travelers Rest Apartments for Rent - Apartments in Travelers Rest, SC

Good luck.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Thanks for that info! That sounds like exactly what we would be interested in. We will definitely look into the area! You've been a great help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area