Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM

34 posts, read 175,276 times

Advertisements

If so, what rate does Lauren's Electric charge per kilowatt hour?

Thanks,

Nimo1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:12 PM

17,701 posts, read 15,427,856 times
I can't access my last bill online, but my bill dated 5/29 is

Facilities Charge - $10.00
Electric Charge - $58.80

On 499 kWh..

So.. Technically, it's ~11.8 cents per kWh.. The facilities charge is always $10.00 per month. But.. The kWh rate doesn't seem consistent.

April 25th's bill is $60.11 on 502 kWh for 11.9 cents
The month before.. $54.90 on 450 kWh for 12.2 cents

Those are low bills because of the mild weather.. Last August is the highest I can go back to.. 161.89 on 1413 kWh.. Which is 11.5 cents

That seems to be about 4 cents per kWh more than Duke.. And I would assume that if Duke's rate hike goes through, that probably means the co-ops rates will rise as well.

That being said.. Laurens Electric I would consider worth the added cost. I've been in my current house for ~7 years now.. I can count on one hand the number of times i've lost power for more than 5 minutes. Once was a few weeks ago when my meter was changed out.

2013-06-27_2253 - JasonHIPS's library

That's the info from my UPS for the past 4 weeks. Not.. Overly useful.. But, power to my house is buried and I think that's standard for them... If there's a storm that knocks out power.. They have a MUCH smaller area to focus on to restore power, so even if it does get knocked out.. It's usually back up very quickly.

I lived in Simpsonville right off W Georgia Rd and was on Duke for about 7 years before that.. I was without power multiple times for days at a time. So.. Personally.. I'll pay the extra 4 cents to have the reliability, though, you can see, I'm something of an energy snob.. House full of CFLs, turn things off when they're not being used.. Keep my air set at 85 during the day in the summer, 78 at night.. Use kerosene in the winter for heating.

They also do a rebate in.. September. So that kicks a little back, but.. It's not a whole lot.. Just checked last years' bill.. I got $9.17 back.

I will say.. They're rather quick with their bills being due.. Not that it's really any concern to me.. I pay them usually before I get them in the mail online.. But.. An example.. My bill dated 11/28/12.. Due date was 12/18. Cut-off date on it was 12/28.. that's.. Pretty dang quick it seems. I have no idea if they REALLY cut people off on the cut-off date, or if that's just a threat..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area