Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 AM

11 posts, read 15,000 times

Advertisements

We have friends coming for a (too-short) visit this weekend (9/14-15) Can anyone suggest a tourist-y thing to do?
It's a short visit--so we want to take them around downtown Greenville...but are there any must-see's?

thanks in advance for any suggestions! Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:33 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTOWNJEN View Post
We have friends coming for a (too-short) visit this weekend (9/14-15) Can anyone suggest a tourist-y thing to do?
It's a short visit--so we want to take them around downtown Greenville...but are there any must-see's?

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/PublicI...StFridays.aspx

Welcome to the TD Saturday Market

Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM

348 posts, read 497,201 times
Default Other Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTOWNJEN View Post
Try taking a trip up to Travelers Rest and beyond. Take route 276 to Wildcat Falls and take a walk on the new "loop" trail. The water falls are beautiful. Drive on to Route 11 and view Table Rock, proceed from there to Lake Jocassee. Show off the wonders of the upstate. Most visitors are impressed.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuguy2 View Post
Try taking a trip up to Travelers Rest and beyond. Take route 276 to Wildcat Falls and take a walk on the new "loop" trail. The water falls are beautiful. Drive on to Route 11 and view Table Rock, proceed from there to Lake Jocassee. Show off the wonders of the upstate. Most visitors are impressed.
Love this idea.

If I was showing off the area, first thing I would do is show them downtown Greenville and the Reedy River Park and we'd take a short walk on the SRT or if they were physically able and liked to ride bikes, we'd rent some and ride up to Traveler's Rest and have lunch.

I like the idea of taking a drive on Hwy 11 and going to Ceasar's Head or Table Rock. I love Lakes Jocassee and Keowee but it's hard to appreciate either without a boat. There really isn't a good way to get a feel of the lakes by parking anywhere near the lakes....but if you took this little trip to Jumping Off Rock, I'm sure your guests would be impressed.

//www.city-data.com/forum/green...mping-off.html

I hope you guys have fun.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Love this idea.

If I was showing off the area, first thing I would do is show them downtown Greenville and the Reedy River Park and we'd take a short walk on the SRT or if they were physically able and liked to ride bikes, we'd rent some and ride up to Traveler's Rest and have lunch.

I like the idea of taking a drive on Hwy 11 and going to Ceasar's Head or Table Rock. I love Lakes Jocassee and Keowee but it's hard to appreciate either without a boat. There really isn't a good way to get a feel of the lakes by parking anywhere near the lakes....but if you took this little trip to Jumping Off Rock, I'm sure your guests would be impressed.

//www.city-data.com/forum/green...mping-off.html

I hope you guys have fun.
How long does it take to bike up to TR from Greenville?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:26 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
How long does it take to bike up to TR from Greenville?
Figure on about 90 minutes from Greenville at a leisurely pace.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 AM

723 posts, read 1,150,060 times
On two occasions this summer I had out-of-town visitors for all-too-short stays. I started by taking them to Caesar's head (by way of Pumpkintown) to take in the scenic vista, then to the Cafe at Williams Hardware for lunch, then a short driving tour of Greenville that included Fluor Field, then shopping and sightseeing in downtown, including the Liberty Bridge and Mice on Main, ending with dinner and a nightcap. I call it my taste-of-the-Upstate tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area