Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 03:07 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,773 times

Advertisements

I am not a mall lover; actually avoid them whenever I can, and so glad to be over the phase where I had to drop off teenagers there and pick them up again! That being said, I visited Haywood Mall for the first time a couple of weeks ago, other than goint into Sears with my husband and son to look at appliances. I have to say, the interior is actually very attractive and pleasant; don't know why anyone would say it was tired looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 11:58 AM

27 posts, read 35,297 times
The exterior IS tired looking and THAT is where the money should have been spent. The interior had been renovated not that long ago. Except for the Belk changes now underway, the exterior hasn't changed since it opened. And the Belk changes don't match the

Actually Simon should have used this opportunity to partner with the city to re-position the mall to a density and offering that was presented in the Haywood Master Plan to city did years ago. Instead they are just fine milking it for cash.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:21 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicupstate View Post
The exterior IS tired looking and THAT is where the money should have been spent. The interior had been renovated not that long ago. Except for the Belk changes now underway, the exterior hasn't changed since it opened. And the Belk changes don't match the

Actually Simon should have used this opportunity to partner with the city to re-position the mall to a density and offering that was presented in the Haywood Master Plan to city did years ago. Instead they are just fine milking it for cash.
There have been changes to the exterior mall entrances over the years including the wood and stone look now.
I agree about Belk. I realize that is Belk's new exterior prototype but it clashes with the rest of the mall. It looks cheap IMO and doesn't tie in with the rest of the mall. That's what I feared if everyone started tinkering with their exteriors (bad to worse) using stucco and painting over brick etc. Glad it's on the back of the mall.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:53 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,453,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There have been changes to the exterior mall entrances over the years including the wood and stone look now.
I agree about Belk. I realize that is Belk's new exterior prototype but it clashes with the rest of the mall. It looks cheap IMO and doesn't tie in with the rest of the mall. That's what I feared if everyone started tinkering with their exteriors (bad to worse) using stucco and painting over brick etc. Glad it's on the back of the mall.
I think all the anchors are going to do exteriors remodelings. Belk was just first. Maybe theyll all match in the end.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:11 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,338,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I have not seen the Belk store recently. If it is the same design that recently opened at Bridge Street in Huntsville, Al., I will agree it is cheap looking and out of place because frankly it looks like a 'big box' design rather than a true department store design which usually shows some degree of classicism and/or contemporary elements.

(but then I hate to see shopping carts in department stores as well)

Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,632,715 times
I agree with earlier post, the play ground needs updating. Yes, it's amazing with all the wear and tear of young children it's lasted this long, but parts and pieces are starting to go missing / break off on some of the equipment and fade. Surprised I haven't heard of a kid getting their toes scrapped in the caterpillar that's showing holes on the thicker surface finish. Time for an update on this area. Great place for the kids to burn off some energy otherwise.

Last edited by Psychoma; 09-15-2015 at 08:15 PM..

Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
I agree with earlier post, the play ground needs updating. Yes, it's amazing with all the wear and tear of young children it's lasted this long, but parts and pieces are starting to go missing / break off on some of the equipment and fade. Surprised I haven't heard of a kid getting their toes scrapped in the caterpillar that's showing holes on the thicker surface finish. Time for an update on this area. Great place for the kids to burn off some energy otherwise.
Indoor playgrounds are good if they remain attractive, safe, and kept up. Unfortunately, costs incurred for maintenance and upkeep of playgrounds have increased to the point businesses including quick service restaurants have removed them.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
I have not seen the Belk store recently. If it is the same design that recently opened at Bridge Street in Huntsville, Al., I will agree it is cheap looking and out of place because frankly it looks like a 'big box' design rather than a true department store design which usually shows some degree of classicism and/or contemporary elements.

(but then I hate to see shopping carts in department stores as well)
Yes, same design look as Bridge Street.

Last edited by vistatiger; 09-15-2015 at 09:42 PM..

Old 09-16-2015, 07:39 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Indoor playgrounds are good if they remain attractive, safe, and kept up. Unfortunately, costs incurred for maintenance and upkeep of playgrounds have increased to the point businesses including quick service restaurants have removed them.
It's not the cost of maintenance and upkeep that is causing fast food chains to remove playgrounds - it's the cost of lawsuits.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:45 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
It's not the cost of maintenance and upkeep that is causing fast food chains to remove playgrounds - it's the cost of lawsuits.
How many of those lawsuits claim injury resulting from lack of or improper maintenance and upkeep of playgrounds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area