Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:17 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,120 times

Advertisements

Any lakes with nice beaches close by Greer? Even a large public pool that isn't super crowded would do.

I checked out Lake Robinson and found that there was no swimming allowed - pretty lake. The other smaller lake over there (forget name) seemed kinda small with a lot of crowded and trashy houses on it.

If you wanted to take a cooler filled w cold drinks, a towel, and plop by the water tomorrow, where would you be?

Not crowded and packed with screaming toddlers is a ++++++.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:32 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Default Lake Cunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Any lakes with nice beaches close by Greer? Even a large public pool that isn't super crowded would do.

I checked out Lake Robinson and found that there was no swimming allowed - pretty lake. The other smaller lake over there (forget name) seemed kinda small with a lot of crowded and trashy houses on it.

If you wanted to take a cooler filled w cold drinks, a towel, and plop by the water tomorrow, where would you be?

Not crowded and packed with screaming toddlers is a ++++++.
Would you be thinking of Lake Cunningham? I know swimming is prohibited there also.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 PM

632 posts, read 748,157 times
Paris mountain and Table Rock

Old 06-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Would you be thinking of Lake Cunningham? I know swimming is prohibited there also.
I looked at a map and I think it was Lyman Lake were I ended up with all the trashy cramped houses.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Paris mountain and Table Rock
Thanks, I will have to look up Table Rock. I remember driving around it once.

I have also been to Paris Mntn 1 time and saw a small pond or lake near what I think was the visitor building. Didn't see any swimmers there, but canoes or some paddle boats?

Anyone know where exactly to swim at Paris Mountain?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Default Lyman Lake

Quote:
I looked at a map and I think it was Lyman Lake were I ended up with all the trashy cramped houses.
I will not disagree. Except for few nice neighborhoods, specifically Carshalton by the Bay , Sunset Pointe and Lyman Lake Road, there are many mobile homes along the shore.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 AM

99 posts, read 213,550 times
There are designated swimming areas at Paris Mountain and Table Rock state parks -- check the schedules at SC state parks website.

Table Rock has a high dive --something almost no pools have anymore -- so I always take my kids there at least once or twice per summer.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Thanks DJGreer.

Im trying to figure out if these are ponds, or lakes, or concrete pools? I didn't see any swimming when I was there and don't see the info online.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,290,476 times
Table Rock is swimming on the lake in the state park, which is has a pretty nice swimming area as far as lakes go. The water tends to stay somewhat cool since it is fed by mountain creeks.

I tend to prefer cooling off in a quiet spot on a mountain creek myself as I don't like the crowds that most pools or state parks attract.

Old 06-23-2014, 11:41 AM

99 posts, read 213,550 times
Quote:
Thanks DJGreer.

Im trying to figure out if these are ponds, or lakes, or concrete pools? I didn't see any swimming when I was there and don't see the info online.
Go to southcarolinaparks.com. Oddly enough, swimming isn't an option in the 'things to do' menu on the home page ... but go to the Table Rock and/or Paris Mtn section and there are swim schedules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area