Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 08:31 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
Stepped into Lidl for the first time today. Will say, they had some good buys. Got a few things but made burgers out of their ground chuck and they were quite good. In fact better than Publix's ground chuck and I am a Publix fan. Got a weeks worth of dinner and lunch, plus breakfast for 54 bucks. Can't beat that.
Lidl has done an overhaul of their stock. Between Aldi & Lidl, I can do between 60 - 70% of my grocery shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 10:51 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Lidl has done an overhaul of their stock. Between Aldi & Lidl, I can do between 60 - 70% of my grocery shopping.
I can as well! I buy mostly produce, and you can't beat their prices! Lidl also carries tofu and vegan ice cream. Both have good prices on non-dairy milks. I also buy the tuna packets from Lidl for my family and they are I think $.89 each. Aldi is my go to for ice cream for my son- $1.97 and it's good quality.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I can as well! I buy mostly produce, and you can't beat their prices! Lidl also carries tofu and vegan ice cream. Both have good prices on non-dairy milks. I also buy the tuna packets from Lidl for my family and they are I think $.89 each. Aldi is my go to for ice cream for my son- $1.97 and it's good quality.
There are certain things that I get at Lidl that Aldi doesn't have or has a different version of. Have you tried any of the cooking sauces? Both have Tikka Masala & Jalfrez. Lidl has Balti, which I thought was very good. I like using the different sauces for a couple of things that I fix, frequently. That way you can fix the same dish & it gives it variety.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,871,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There are certain things that I get at Lidl that Aldi doesn't have or has a different version of. Have you tried any of the cooking sauces? Both have Tikka Masala & Jalfrez. Lidl has Balti, which I thought was very good. I like using the different sauces for a couple of things that I fix, frequently. That way you can fix the same dish & it gives it variety.
Yes! I used the korma sauce just the other day- came back from a hike and had no idea what I was going to make for dinner- cooked up some veggies, added the sauce and voila-dinner!

Old 04-30-2018, 01:55 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
So.. Not a good sign.. Bi-Lo is redoing their rewards program again.. Going from Plenti to their own cards that can be redeemed at participating Shell stations.

The worst is the quote from their CEO..

Quote:
"We have listened loudly to our customers about all of the things they value with our current rewards program and how we can make our next loyalty program even better,'
They 'listened loudly'? Probably could hear a pin drop in some of their stores..

Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. Not a good sign.. Bi-Lo is redoing their rewards program again.. Going from Plenti to their own cards that can be redeemed at participating Shell stations.

They 'listened loudly'? Probably could hear a pin drop in some of their stores..
Plenti is ending, period, no more Plenti at all. I suppose without BiLo they could have had a good reason to let it go, but I doubt BiLo had anything to do with it.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:23 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,747 times
I peered into the new Harris Teeter on Augusta.Is it a totally new "urban" design, or do these stores already exist somewhere? Will it be two story or just one.Its hard to tell. I'm kinda jazzed about this since its only nine miles from my house in Easley.

Boy, you know you are getting old when you get excited about new grocery stores.City Data could be named the "Grocery Store Forum", at least around here!

Old 04-30-2018, 04:33 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
I peered into the new Harris Teeter on Augusta.Is it a totally new "urban" design, or do these stores already exist somewhere? Will it be two story or just one.Its hard to tell. I'm kinda jazzed about this since its only nine miles from my house in Easley.

Boy, you know you are getting old when you get excited about new grocery stores.City Data could be named the "Grocery Store Forum", at least around here!
I'm sure Charlotte (their homebase) has one of the newer ones. Asheville has a newer one close to DT that's really nice as well. I think it's only one story for the most part. It may have some sort of mezzanine. It didn't leave much parking in front at Lewis Plaza but I think they are tearing down that old medical center next door once the new one is finished for more parking.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Yes! I used the korma sauce just the other day- came back from a hike and had no idea what I was going to make for dinner- cooked up some veggies, added the sauce and voila-dinner!
I really like the sauces. Aldi's peanut sauce is really good too. Honestly, I've fixed one of my easy, go-to meals several days in a row & by using different sauces it's a different meal each time. Those sauces are expensive in the regular grocery stores! If you have a chance, try the Balti.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:19 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Launching a new loyalty card program every five years is not a smart idea. Southeastern Grocers can go through the expenses of creating a new program. It will not have the store count for people to earn those rewards at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area