Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 06:41 PM

30 posts, read 74,211 times

Advertisements

My family and I may be relocating to the Greenville/Clemson/Seneca area for my husband's job in the next few months. This will be our 8th relocation. We are moving from the Charlotte area. My husband and I were familiar with the Seneca/Clemson area from about 20+ years ago when we were visiting close friends that lived there at the time but I'm sure everything has changed about the area since then.

Our first priority would be a good school district for our kids (ages 7 & 11). I have one presently in elementary and one rising to middle school next year. We are moving in from a really good district with high parent involvement and would hope to find something similar. We are looking for a single family home in possibly a golf course community. We're not big "boat" people, but wouldn't mind learning and would consider lake life. Our house budget would be about 400-600K. Another major priority would be for an active family oriented community. We are coming from a development that has many families and children which makes it easier for our kids to acclimate to the new area.

Any recommendations or constructive advice would be welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,296,428 times
Here is a recent post with a similar request: https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...northlake.html

Old 05-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Thank you!! Very helpful

Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,296,428 times
What do you mean by a family oriented community? Are you looking for a subdivision with an active HOA and a bunch of family activities? Or are you looking for a family oriented town with lots of kids' activities? There aren't a lot of big HOA subdivisions oriented towards families in this area. There are a lot of close knit small towns with tons of family activities. If you attend church, many area churches offer lots of family stuff. Even if you don't, there are plenty of other family related things to do, especially if you are outdoorsy.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 AM

We would like to find a community or subdivision with a large percentage of families and children in residence. We have relocated numerous times and have found that a "kid-centric" residential area offers more of what we are looking for as a family, i.e., parks, pools, outdoor activities, restaurants. Where we reside right now, many of the children all attend the same school making it easier to socialize. I know that "lake life" is quite desirable and popular in that area, but the homes are not situated to give a "neighborhood" feel.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 AM
QKL

11 posts, read 30,490 times
SnoozieSue, where did you end up moving to?

My husband and I are also looking into the areas between Clemson and Greenville as I'll be working in Seneca; however, we don't really want to live in Seneca. We both really enjoy Greenville, but aren't sure the commute to Seneca would be worth what we'd gain from living near Greenville. However, we would rather live in an area we enjoy and commute to work then have a quick commute and not enjoy the community we actually live in. We are in our late twenties/early thirties, about to start a family so are looking for a family-friendly community. I'd love to hear how your search has been going or if you all have settled on an area. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area